How much LME for the Can and a Kilo kits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have done some cooper's kits with 2 cans of their hopped extract, they have turned out pretty good compares with the can & kilo method.

2 cans sounds a little expensive though.

at $17 a can thats a $34 Brew. + Tax

I think I can get the LME for less. I don't really wanna make Apple Cider with all the Dextrose they recommend

Damn which coopers kits do you have? The standards ones over here would be about US$9, with LME being probably 1.5-2 times that!
Definately use LME if its cheaper than another can, using 2 cans does also means 2 times the hops but it don't mind that really.

ontarios cans make 6 gals and theyre like 18 here...but still the cheapest 2-4 is 28.50 so 36 for 2.5 cases of good beer vs just short of that for crap...do the math

Add 1-1.5 kilos of LME for a 19 liter batch. This should put you around 4.5-5% ABV. Personally I'd roll with just a kilo and see how that goes.

Yeah at the LHBS they are ~NZ$16 to~NZ$20, but the supermarket price is usually $12. For about 3 months my local supermarket had them on special for $10 a can. Is the stuff over there importde from Australia or is there a US based Coopers?

Yeah, I have been for the last few times. Did one with a stout & dark ale that turned out very nice.
Thats the problem with imported products, you are paying for the freight as well. Budweiser here is NZ$29.99 (currently on special for NZ$22.99) for a dozen! I will have to take a picture one day and post it on here for a laugh!

Latest posts

Back