How much is a gallon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, I was assuming an imperial gallon.

I finally managed my first brew at the weekend, I copied John Palmers recipe for Cincinnati Pale ale - guess I might end up with weak beer then, although I guess it may not matter too much?

Most recipes in the US would be in US gallons by default. Any other recipes made by furrinurs :D I have no idea.

ashbyp said:
Ah, I was assuming an imperial gallon.

I finally managed my first brew at the weekend, I copied John Palmers recipe for Cincinnati Pale ale - guess I might end up with weak beer then, although I guess it may not matter too much?
Yeah, it'll be fine. Luckily for all of us, beer is robust enough to cope with all the fluctuations that crop up during brewing. If you were entering this beer in a competition then someone might turn their nose up at it, but in terms of drinking it, there's nothing to worry about. TBH, getting three more litres of a very slightly weaker beer might be considered by some to be an improvement.

thanks for the information guys. Have to say, this is a great site.

Back