How much for KAB4 Bayou??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndianaBrewer

Reaction score
I'm interested in buying a KAB4 bayou burner from someone locally on Craigslist. What is a fair price?

I found one new online with free shipping for $67.99.

Thanks for your help

Depends on the condition of those on CL... If in mint, not much from the cost of new. If beat to hell, no more than 1/2 the cost of new.

Keep in mind, just because YOU can find them for ~$68 now, doesn't mean the other person did. He could have gotten it recently, and paid more.

Thanks for your input Golddiggie! I offered $40 and they are asking $50. I have yet to see the condition of the burner.

If anyone else wants to chime in...

Does $40 or $50 seem fair?

Btw I would be using this burner on my keggle. Would like to have the power for 10 gal batches.

You'll want to make sure to do some tweaking to give yourself more area to rest the keggle on with the burner frame. It can be a very close fit there (was when I had one). You'll also want to make a shroud to go between the current one and to under the keggle bottom skirt. Otherwise, it won't perform as well as you might like. All that are just a few of the reasons why I'm glad I use the Blichmann burners now. :D

Back