How much does a 22 oz weigh full on average?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewkowski

Reaction score
I'm filling out a label for shipping to a competition, but I don' have a scale handy. I only had 22 oz bottles full and I need to send 2 of each, I'm sure this is going to be expensive even though they're only going from Chicago area to Champaign. So off hand does anyone know how much each bottle would weigh?

I just weighed a couple of Rogue bombers I had and came up with 2.3lbs on each of them.

Well water weighs 8 lbs per gallon, so 22 oz weighs 1.37 pounds. Add another pound or so for the bottle itself and I'd guess that they weigh about 2.4-2.5 pounds each.

Brian

Cool, thanks for the help. Looks like I'm shipping 15 lbs worth of beer 200 miles or so. I just used a Fed Ex calculator and it will be about $16 for shipping. Not too bad, about a buck per bottle. Thanks again.

I emailed the guy to make sure. He even said I could only send 1 instead of two if I didn't want to move towards Best in Show. So I should try to make a couple of 12 oz out of each batch if I think I'll be sending out for competitions? I hate to waste the extra beer anyhow.

Back