How much cold brew coffee?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scriv

Reaction score
I'm going to be kegging a milk stout this weekend. I'm making some cold brew coffee to add to it but I'm unsure how much to add. It's a 5 gallon batch.

Thanks!

We just bottled a coffee porter that we added 4 cups of cold brew to. Unfortunately, after 3 weeks of bottle aging, the coffee flavor is not as noticeable as it was before bottling. Let me know what you add and how it comes out.

When I used cold brew for my coffee porter, I started with about a quart of water (32oz), and 8oz of ground coffee beans. After straining and filtering, I was left with a bit less than a pint of cold brewed coffee that I added to the keg.

Since then, I've changed my method and simply add whole beans directly into the fermentor for 24 hours before I keg. The results are just as good, and I save time.

I kegged the beer today, racked it onto 2 cups of cold brew. The sample tasted great, good coffee flavor. I'll see what it's like in 10 days.

Back