How many taps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vincentAlpha

Reaction score
I just bought 5 pin lock kegs secondhand from a fellow off kijiji (sounds sketchy I'm sure) but short of a tiny bit of mould from disuse and one of the plastic tops on a keg is busted the kegs look fine. I don't imagine I'm going to use more than 3 at a time but I from what I've read around here that is possible to change in the future. I'm looking at tap kits from Ontario Beer Kegs and am trying to decide how to go, whether to just buy the parts or get a kit. I'm going to be using picnic taps as at the moment I'm not quite sure if I'll go for a pass through or tower and want to get running sooner rather than later. How much of a pain is it to use a single gas line and dispenser line or should I get lines for each keg I think I'll use or somewhere in the middle? Any other advice on the equipment end of things to get this ball rolling?

Cheers & Thanks

Get a manifold to distribute the gas. If you want to force carb at a higher PSI while dispensing, then get a dual regulator.

Was thinking of a manifold, so probably best to have a gas line for each keg in use I'd imagine

Yes. Popping the gas line off each keg every time you want to pour a beer is going to get old. If you do set and forget method you would just need one regulator, one manifold, and if you set up one or two more lines than you have taps you can carb and serve simultaneously without having to keep swapping lines.

Really depends on how much you want to spend to get rolling. I'm running 2 kegs with simple picnic taps right now on a single gas line. It's becoming a pain in the ass but hey...I've got beer on tap.

Latest posts

Back