How Many of You?....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still rather new to the brewing process...about 3 months...so I am still learning the process. I just brewed my fourth extract batch using an ingredient kit from Midwest that includes specialty grains. All three of my batches...can't count the fourth one yet, it's still fermenting...have been quite good and we've enjoyed the differences among them.

At some point in the future, I'd like to go partial mash, and then perhaps take the step to all grain. I'd like more control over what the brew will taste like when I'm done. In the meantime...I'll stick with extracts and keep learning.

glenn514:mug:

If I was the only person drinking my beer I could probably get away with 1 batch per month.

However... We drink a fair bit of beer... Still only 24years old and still go out drinking once a week. I only have 2 friends who would drink my beer...but they drink enough of it!

They drained my Munich Helles last weekend. lol. At least they pay me for it, which is why I also feel the need to keep my pipeline going.

I'm thinking maybe switching back and fourth. One extract, one AG, one Extract....etc etc.

I'm in a pretty similar boat as you. That's pretty much exactly what I do. I use extract beers when I want to use some additive to flavor the beer, and not rely on a complex malt profile as much.

Extracts are just so easy. It's mostly important to me to keep the pipeline going.

Back