How many of you have rapid fermentations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stz

Reaction score
Hello HBT.
I am a commercial brewer and as such apply a similar approach to my home brewing. In the professional world I meet people who range from like myself to letting things take their time. I love the language of things like - the yeast will tell you when it is done - or - patience is a virtue which will be rewarded - and so on ... but I was trained to bang beer through with a heavy production focus. As a result home brewing where things spend weeks in primary, secondary even is another world. Obviously certain strains and styles reward patience and time is required for correct flavour development, but there is no magic, just correct flavour development, for me a week to 10 days before packaging is just ... well most things get a week to 10 days, keg and can get 10 days to two weeks unless it is part of an mixed culture, barrel program or something it requires serious justification.

ANYWAY. I've just checked my pilot RIS brewed on sunday. SG 1.112, pitch rate at 1x10^6 per ml per degree plato so 400ml of slurry at approx 2x10^9 cells per ml in 30L. It is at 1.024. This was a 19C pitch, free rise to 20C, held at 20C until hour 72/two thirds attenuation then allowed to rise to 21C, typically I'd allow a rise to 23C with this strain to insure it is fully attenuated and there is complete VDK reduction, but there are fruit and other additions at this point so I'll hold it at 21C for another 24 hours before allowing the final rise. I only expect another point or two. I'll hold it at 23C over the weekend and probably chill it sunday night, keg monday or tuesday so 8-9 days turn around.

Is this normal? Do other people work like this? Am I completely missing the point? I talk to home brewers and they leave big beers in primary for weeks... they talk about the yeast cleaning up... I'm like ... clean up what?

If anybody is interested in the recipe.

extra pale malt 70%
dark crystal 4%
flaked torrified oat 6%
special carafa III 11%
chocolate malt 9%

60m mash at 67C. 180ppm chloride, 80ppm sulphate, salts in the boil not mash to keep pH in range, sparge liquor acidified but mash liquor left untreated due to fairly healthy sparge, sodium carbonate direct to mash on test to ensure mash pH 5.3.

50 IBU's of whatever at whenever for a boil of whatever to hit your volumes. I perform a continuous sparge and when doing huge beers collect more than is needed and have to concentrate it through an extended boil so I was boiling for approx 45m before starting a 60m boil and my first hop addition. Equally you could reduce the sparge and efficiency?

6 points of lactose at flame out.
8g a litre of toasted cocoa nibs close to end of fermentation
50g a litre of sour cherry ditto (I use concentrate at 3 fold)
120ul natural vanilla extract a litre on pack
4g a litre of american oak soaked in a 0.5% abv bourbon addition, oak with nibs, reserve bourbon for pack

I can't say how fast as I always wait two weeks to finish, but I haven't ever been a pro. My beers tend to take 5-9 days on average but I wait longer to finish, clean up, d-rest, etc...

I believe most Brewers that do it professionally are forced to maximize product in minimal time frames to meet financial goals of the business. Home Brewers aren't encumbered by such responsibility.

Some do push the time frame of 'grain to glass' (7 days is the fastest I've read about) but that holds no interest to me.

I suspect many folks just aren't in a hurry to maximize throughput, and others are following rote from some source.
Then there are the "special" cases where some obvious flaw drives hope of attenuation with more time on the yeast.

fwiw, I keg most beers 12 days from pitching, and that includes a two day cold-crash. While there is some motivation to keep the pipeline moving much of it is to enjoy the best the beer has to offer, and most beers really want to be consumed young (I've asked them ;))

Cheers!

Hello HBT.
I am a commercial brewer and as such apply a similar approach to my home brewing. In the professional world I meet people who range from like myself to letting things take their time. I love the language of things like - the yeast will tell you when it is done - or - patience is a virtue which will be rewarded - and so on ... but I was trained to bang beer through with a heavy production focus. As a result home brewing where things spend weeks in primary, secondary even is another world. Obviously certain strains and styles reward patience and time is required for correct flavour development, but there is no magic, just correct flavour development, for me a week to 10 days before packaging is just ... well most things get a week to 10 days, keg and can get 10 days to two weeks unless it is part of an mixed culture, barrel program or something it requires serious justification.

ANYWAY. I've just checked my pilot RIS brewed on sunday. SG 1.112, pitch rate at 1x10^6 per ml per degree plato so 400ml of slurry at approx 2x10^9 cells per ml in 30L. It is at 1.024. This was a 19C pitch, free rise to 20C, held at 20C until hour 72/two thirds attenuation then allowed to rise to 21C, typically I'd allow a rise to 23C with this strain to insure it is fully attenuated and there is complete VDK reduction, but there are fruit and other additions at this point so I'll hold it at 21C for another 24 hours before allowing the final rise. I only expect another point or two. I'll hold it at 23C over the weekend and probably chill it sunday night, keg monday or tuesday so 8-9 days turn around.

Is this normal? Do other people work like this? Am I completely missing the point? I talk to home brewers and they leave big beers in primary for weeks... they talk about the yeast cleaning up... I'm like ... clean up what?

If anybody is interested in the recipe.

extra pale malt 70%
dark crystal 4%
flaked torrified oat 6%
special carafa III 11%
chocolate malt 9%

60m mash at 67C. 180ppm chloride, 80ppm sulphate, salts in the boil not mash to keep pH in range, sparge liquor acidified but mash liquor left untreated due to fairly healthy sparge, sodium carbonate direct to mash on test to ensure mash pH 5.3.

50 IBU's of whatever at whenever for a boil of whatever to hit your volumes. I perform a continuous sparge and when doing huge beers collect more than is needed and have to concentrate it through an extended boil so I was boiling for approx 45m before starting a 60m boil and my first hop addition. Equally you could reduce the sparge and efficiency?

6 points of lactose at flame out.
8g a litre of toasted cocoa nibs close to end of fermentation
50g a litre of sour cherry ditto (I use concentrate at 3 fold)
120ul natural vanilla extract a litre on pack
4g a litre of american oak soaked in a 0.5% abv bourbon addition, oak with nibs, reserve bourbon for pack
Depends on the style of beer but for a quick beer, I have done done 13 days to ferment, clear, keg, and then bottle for competition. I have a buddy that has turned over a saison in 5 days and placed with it in a fairly large competition. I am still playing around with getting lagers on a speed schedule. I have beers that I won't touch for minimum of 6 months too.

My record at home is 5 days grain to glass (cask conditioned real ale racked to pin before fermentation is done).

Commercially it's rare anything is more than 2 wks grain to glass, sometimes barely a week. Lagers maybe 4 weeks. I've done big beers upwards of 11% grain to glass in 2 weeks commercially.

Unless "aged" or "old" is in the name (old ale, barrel aged, vintage, whatever), or a mixed ferm sour, if you need to age it you're doing it wrong.

Aging beer allows flaws from bad practice to fade. That's it. If it's done right, they aren't there to age out in the first place.

Not that I don't enjoy cellared beer. But the play of oxidation on malt brings out complexities that change the beer. It doesn't improve it. And in many ways it harms other elements

Looks like a testament to the importance of proper yeast management, from pitch to package. Something most homebrewers, myself included, could probably stand to heed.

I don't understand this "let it sit 3 weeks in primary, enjoy 3 months after packaging" attitude that some homebrewers have.

My beer typically tastes great throughout fermentation and I package in about 10 days. I drink young because oxidation sucks.

Most of my ales are done in less than 4 days. Recent example would be a 10G 15P IPA pitched with 4 packs of US-05.

Lagers at 45F range 6–9 days depending upon OG, Typically 12.5-14P. I did a 16.5P that took 13 days though.

Of course this all depends on strict temp control, high pitch rates, oxygenation, etc.

I typically ferment my ales between 62 and 66 F and they’re almost always done after four or five days. I then move to a warmer spot for a diacetyl rest so I’m usually ready to package after 7 or 8 days. I have the same experience when using 34/70 fermented at 64 F too.

I agree with schematix , proper yeast and temp control are a must to ensure quick and well attenuated beer.

Well that is cool. I always suspected that generalised home brew wisdom is often a case of ... well generalised wisdom. If you pitch what might be a technical under pitch, have patchy temperature control and aren't quite sure if it is done yet before bottling it is probably safest to tell people to leave it in primary for a couple of weeks.

Yes, yeast management, fermentation profile and temperature control help a lot. Admittedly taking gravities every 6 - 12 hours would take a lot of fun out of home brewing! Generally though we pitch a lot of healthy yeast, lucky to have house cultures.

Commercially we deal with this idea that we have comparatively rapid ferments because we are evil or something, it is because we are in a production environment where time is money, but there is no point in anything taking longer than is necessary if there is no improvement to the product. I did however want to post because I feel REALLY REALLY weird about a week turn around on a 1.112. Technically I'm going to package at the point where commercially I'd send to conditioning tank for bulk maturation and carbonation so I've lost four to seven days there and once packaged we cold store and don't release until the following week. So it isn't like I'll be drinking it in a week, but I could burst carb it and do so ... I'll sit on the keg a couple of weeks.

I, on the other hand say that your very well controlled commercial brewery can do things most homebrewers cannot achieve and this includes some of the homebrewer responses above. Their equipment and techniques surpass the average homebrewer.

I for one don't push the issue, 1) because I don't have the proper equipment. 2) I don't want to put myself on a strict schedule. 3) I prefer my homebrews to the average mid priced commercial beers. I find most of them pretty mediocre.

But there are also those that promote the extreme. A month or more in primary, sometimes secondary, then aging. I am in between. 2 weeks primary unless I get lazy, no secondary, aging depending on style. Yes I do believe heavy beers benefit from aging.

I suspect many folks just aren't in a hurry to maximize throughput, and others are following rote from some source.
Then there are the "special" cases where some obvious flaw drives hope of attenuation with more time on the yeast.

fwiw, I keg most beers 12 days from pitching, and that includes a two day cold-crash. While there is some motivation to keep the pipeline moving much of it is to enjoy the best the beer has to offer, and most beers really want to be consumed young (I've asked them ;))

Cheers!
I generally follow the same timeframe however I did just finish up a neipa in 9 days grain to glass. Cheers

I don't understand this "let it sit 3 weeks in primary, enjoy 3 months after packaging" attitude that some homebrewers have.

My beer typically tastes great throughout fermentation and I package in about 10 days. I drink young because oxidation sucks.
That's because the majority of homebrewers make flawed products that need the time to be drinkable. As you pointed out I find my beers the best as fresh as possible and degrades after a few months. Cheers

After more than 60 batches, I can safely say that 90% of the beers I make and probably most make, don't need more than 10-12 days in the fermenter. I don't see any benefits and I don't understand why it would be a good idea to keep a beer more than 10-12 days in the fermenter, especially beers which are meant to be drunk fresh. They will not get better with time. Any complex, high ABV beer, can develop better flavours and " age " in bottles.

On March 12, I brewed a 8.7% ABV Belgian-style Ale brewed with homemade syrups, to which I added 1.5 oz oak chips. Only 11 days have passed and can't wait to bottle. I will do so on Monday. The beer finished fermenting after 5 days, only because I held the temperature at 65F the first 2 days and raised it to 72F the 3rd and then 2 days later it reached FG at 1.012 down from 1.078. On Monday, the beer will have sat on oak chips for 6 full days, which I think will be enough for a subtle flavour.

Technically I'm going to package at the point where commercially I'd send to conditioning tank for bulk maturation and carbonation...

I'm solidly a non-pro, but I've visited a number of breweries and here is my take on this. A brewery follows the general flow of FV --> maturation tank --> package. Homebrewing practices naturally copied this and established the concept of primary --> secondary --> package (bottle/keg).

Over time, mantra changed and the transfer to secondary was deemed an unnecessary risk. So now we have primary --> package. But we all know that beer needs to condition somewhere. So where's the maturation tank?

And the answer is that for many, it's the FV - the primary. Hence many people are keeping their beer in the FV well after the 3-7 day fermentation is done. If bottling, there's also the factor of ensuring yeast completion without taking a million hydrometer samples. So these folks err on the side of caution.

For those who exclusively keg like me, we can treat the keg as both maturation tank and package. (Recently I have been fermenting in the same keg as well, but that's another story.)

So the simple procedure would be to transfer to the keg (a.k.a. maturation tank) at or near the actual 3-7 day completion of primary fermentation, moving it to cold storage - ideally in place for serving - begin carbonating immediately, but do not drink for at least two weeks. After that period, the keg becomes a package. To me this is a nice adaptation of pro practices to homebrewing, if you have the proper equipment.

Or, 3ish 4ish days fermentation then cap, as soon as done (day 6ish 7ish usually) soft crash, 24 hrs, harvest, fine and full crash, another 24-48 hrs, then transfer and filter/cfuge en route to brite, and carbonate. If needed, package and ship out the door the same day it's transferred. Maybe add a few days if dry hopping. Drop a couple if you're not gonna harvest or fine it.

A lot of professional and homebrewers that have equipment that allows them to do things the average homebrewer cannot do. So your 5 days grain to glass don't mean much in the scheme of things....

Oh for sure.

Although 5 days grain to glass was a naturally carbed (cask conditioned) beer on a very rudimentary homebrew system. It was also a 2.8% Mild with a fast moving, high floccing yeast. After two days I racked to the pin with isinglass (was almost done), day four it was done, conditioned, and carbed, so roused it to distribute the isinglass, placed it to serve and chilled it to serving temp. Ready to pour on day five.

Outside of those circumstances, it's tough to move anything that fast. 10-12 days is more typical.

And the two advantage pros can do to speed the process the vast majority of homebrewers cannot, is filter/centrifuge and carb with a stone via CO2 sparging (force carb in like, 30 minutes with directly read CO2 volumes, with the added benefit of scrubbing out any uptick in DO from transfer). Things like the Blichmann Quick Carb do a similar process, albeit not as fast or effectively, and it's harder on the beer.

Last edited:
As an update ...

Final gravity was 1.029. 6 points of this was lactose. 67% attenuation. There was additional sugars from the cocoa nibs, cherries and priming sugar so it managed further fermentation. I'm very happy with it, most prominent note is coffee, like good coffee, rich coffee flavours. Cherry is very subtle, would likely use more at the risk of it getting tangy? The oak is quite dry, I would have preferred less, see how it ages out? Take off was one keg + 10 500ml bottles. Approx 12%.

Well that is cool. I always suspected that generalised home brew wisdom is often a case of ... well generalised wisdom.

Ding ding ding! Winner winner, chicken dinner!

The amount of myth and superstition on these forums is just ridiculous sometimes, a lot of that 'wisdom' is just made up nonsense that gets repeated so many times over that everyone just takes it as the gospel. That's why I'm a big fan of the brolosphy site because the dude applies actual science to these myths and proves that most of them are just made up and have no bearing on the end result. Just as interesting is the experiments where he DOES find a signifigant result.
For me, it's just like you said, I know I have more room for error so I play it safe and give things more time because it consistently works for me. It's also hard to find the time to turn things around really quickly, especially with basic equipment and lots of manual steps. Sometimes I need to turn brews around fast though so I push it and usually they work out pretty well.

Ding ding ding! Winner winner, chicken dinner!

The amount of myth and superstition on these forums is just ridiculous sometimes, a lot of that 'wisdom' is just made up nonsense that gets repeated so many times over that everyone just takes it as the gospel. That's why I'm a big fan of the brolosphy site because the dude applies actual science to these myths and proves that most of them are just made up and have no bearing on the end result. Just as interesting is the experiments where he DOES find a signifigant result.
For me, it's just like you said, I know I have more room for error so I play it safe and give things more time because it consistently works for me. It's also hard to find the time to turn things around really quickly, especially with basic equipment and lots of manual steps. Sometimes I need to turn brews around fast though so I push it and usually they work out pretty well.
Only because you mentioned it do you believe that if you made a beer using **every** shortcut that bru found insignificant and also made the same beer not using *every* shortcut the end product would be the same still? Cheers

Only because you mentioned it do you believe that if you made a beer using **every** shortcut that bru found insignificant and also made the same beer not using *every* shortcut the end product would be the same still? Cheers

That's a fair point, maybe the cumulative differences, even if minute might add up to something tangible? But honestly? I doubt it. I think it's more that anytime you get people who get passionate about something they grow increasingly less satisfied with doing simple things well and they can only get off when they completely nerd out on the tiniest of details. Unfortunately that often finds it's way into the 'rulebook' when it's just a waste of time.

I'm all for mastering techniques to get the perfect beer, I'm just skeptical of most of it because it just doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

That's a fair point, maybe the cumulative differences, even if minute might add up to something tangible? But honestly? I doubt it. I think it's more that anytime you get people who get passionate about something they grow increasingly less satisfied with doing simple things well and they can only get off when they completely nerd out on the tiniest of details. Unfortunately that often finds it's way into the 'rulebook' when it's just a waste of time.

I'm all for mastering techniques to get the perfect beer, I'm just skeptical of most of it because it just doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
My suggestion would be to try doing both ways. I can say at least for my beers it definitely makes a large difference and can't say I've ever met someone in person that follows all those shortcuts and comes out with a better end product. I recently helped my coworker get rid of the "homebrew" taste. He was ready to call it quits as he's picky and figured making beer like the stuff he was buying was easy. Long story short we did a batch of his recipe on my setup to show him it is possible and it was spectacular and exactly what he was trying to make. He took what he learned from me and now makes great beer. Of course everyone's end goals are different too. If your going for cheap or easy beer you might not care to waste time to make a perfect product and there's nothing wrong with that. Cheers

I remain utterly unconvinced that Brulosophy supplants centuries of acquired wisdom...

Cheers!

Acquired wisdom huh? :D

"The earth is flat and the sun rotates around us"

"You better put a hat on before you go out, you'll catch a cold...and always wait an hour after eating to go swimming"

"Vaccines cause autism...oh and stress causes ulcers...so does spicy food"

"Sugar makes kids hyperactive"

"Columbus discovered America"

"The tongue is mapped into four taste areas—sweet, sour, salty and bitter"

"Liquid yeast is better than dry yeast...it takes months to make a good lager...don't squeeze the bag, it leaches bitter tannins into the wort...never sparge over 170F, again those harsh tanins!"

I'm sorry, I put a lot more stock in the scientific method than I do some random forum poster regurgitating myths they never bothered to investigate the validity of. Perpetuating this kinda nonsense only hurts the community.

Note: these forums are a wealth of knowledge and tips, you just have to take it all with a healthy grain of salt and verify for yourself

Last edited:
That's why I'm a big fan of the brolosphy site because the dude applies actual science...
The "dude" has no idea what actual science or the scentific method actually is, you just like what he is telling you and want to believe him over a century of actual scientific and industrial research and development.

The "dude" has no idea what actual science or the scentific method actually is, you just like what he is telling you and want to believe him over a century of actual scientific and industrial research and development.

Oh please, do tell oh wise man...what is it about his work that is unscientific? Small sample size? The point you are supposed to take away from most of his work is not that technique abc is useless, he never says anything like that...rather that technique abc is nowhere near as big a deal as the 'conventional wisdom' would have you believe.

Sounds to me like someone is either jelly or miffed because they've been doing something for 10 years that is utterly useless. :bravo:

whatever floats your boat though, if you like unecessary work and extra steps and get joy out of it, then knock yourself out, just don't expect me to join you in your delusions

Oh please, do tell oh wise man...what is it about his work that is unscientific?

- more often than not he has no idea about the principles, either sceintific or technological, he is purporting to be studying
- his experiments are often badly concocted and conducted even more haphazardly
- but more important, he thinks he can draw the broadest conclusions from a single, half-assed experiment and that based only on subjective criteria

Sounds to me like someone is either jelly or miffed because they've been doing something for 10 years that is utterly useless.

Don't flatter yourself.

whatever floats your boat though, if you like unecessary work and extra steps and get joy out of it, then knock yourself out, just don't expect me to join you in your delusions

And with that you have finally proven you have nothing constructive to bring to the discussion and will resort to childish personal attacks at the drop of a hat. Welcome to the Ignored Users List, "dude".

Acquired wisdom huh? :D

"Sugar makes kids hyperactive"

Might want to take that one off your list. Thats an experiment that can be duplicated repeatedly. [emoji38]

Last edited:
WOW, a little off track! So mine was and still is in some cases a 3 week primary and into a keg,but I've found that harvesting yeast at the 2 week mark gave much faster starts, but would end up with SH@# loads of sediment in the keg. The longer in primary the less sediment so what to do unless you like washing another keg or a secondary fermenter. LEAVE IT IN PRIMARY!
Back on track!

It occurs to me that comparing homebrewing to commercial brewing is a bit like comparing auto manufacturing to a guy restoring a 58 Edsel in his garage. Yeah, there are a few tools and techniques which are common, and the finished product is a car, but that's about it.

A commercial brewery, at any scale, is a business, with all of the day-to-day hassles, and unpleasant surprises that go along with owning a business. If the owner, general manager, and brewmaster are the same person, the brewing process has to be on autopilot as much as possible to provide as much time as is necessary to deal with all the other details. Using methods or technologies which really don't scale to the hobbyist level makes sense at the commercial level.

As far as Brulosophy goes, I'm not a true believer. To me, it's sort of the Mythbusters of homebrewing. Science-ish but not the One True Way. Taken for its entertainment value and with the attitude that Brulosophy is sort of the contemporary manifestation of Charlie P's RDWHAHB outlook I think it's pretty harmless. Obviously, some are cult followers. That's to be expected. I am convinced that confirmation bias and the power of suggestion are two of the most powerful forces of human nature. :cool:

- more often than not he has no idea about the principles, either sceintific or technological, he is purporting to be studying
That's perhaps the dumbest thing I've yet read on these forums. You don't have to know the scientific principles of how something works to conduct an experiment, that's the very foundation of science and the scientific method and how the field of science was founded...the unknown and how to learn more about it. What would be the point of conducting experiments on something you already know and understand fully and that has been proven time and time again? The whole point is to study something a)that you don't understand but want to learn more about and/or b) to prove or disprove the BS that others are presenting as gospel.
- his experiments are often badly concocted and conducted even more haphazardly
- but more important, he thinks he can draw the broadest conclusions from a single, half-assed experiment and that based only on subjective criteria
He conducts triangle tests for all his experiments, he always prepares two identical batches at the same time, with the same ingredients and changes only the one variable he's trying to study. He uses stats to prestnt the signifigance of his findings, he describes his methodology, his conclusions and what he felt he could do better etc etc.
If I had to guess, this guy probably pwnd you in a previous forum discussion and made you look like a fool and you've been butthurt over it ever since, that's what it sounds like to me. :p
And with that you have finally proven you have nothing constructive to bring to the discussion and will resort to childish personal attacks at the drop of a hat. Welcome to the Ignored Users List, "dude".
'Childish personal attacks'? Hardly, but I think it's pretty clear who the child is, its the guy who can't make a single succinct point so he takes his little ball and runs away home. Buh bye big man, you won't be missed lmao

That's perhaps the dumbest thing I've yet read on these forums. You don't have to know the scientific principles of how something works to conduct an experiment, that's the very foundation of science and the scientific method and how the field of science was founded...the unknown and how to learn more about it. What would be the point of conducting experiments on something you already know and understand fully and that has been proven time and time again? The whole point is to study something a)that you don't understand but want to learn more about and/or b) to prove or disprove the BS that others are presenting as gospel.

He conducts triangle tests for all his experiments, he always prepares two identical batches at the same time, with the same ingredients and changes only the one variable he's trying to study. He uses stats to prestnt the signifigance of his findings, he describes his methodology, his conclusions and what he felt he could do better etc etc.
If I had to guess, this guy probably pwnd you in a previous forum discussion and made you look like a fool and you've been butthurt over it ever since, that's what it sounds like to me. [emoji14]

'Childish personal attacks'? Hardly, but I think it's pretty clear who the child is, its the guy who can't make a single succinct point so he takes his little ball and runs away home. Buh bye big man, you won't be missed lmao
Your essentially saying the brulosophy has debunked everything that's been learned by professionals and actual scientists and taken us from caveman beer to what we have today and that anyone that's doing anything but the bare minimum is wasting there time. I think even the brulosophy team would disagree with your opinion. All they have show is if you don't aerate your wort ( or whatever single thing )it doesn't always mean your gonna end up with a dumper. What next the worlds flat again because you read it on the internet. Cheers

Last edited:
Your essentially saying the brulosophy has debunked everything that's been learned by professionals and actual scientists and taken us from caveman beer to what we have today and that anyone that's doing anything but the bare minimum is wasting there time. I think even the brulosophy team would disagree with your opinion. All they have show is if you don't aerate your wort ( or whatever single thing )it doesn't always mean your gonna end up with a dumper. What next the worlds flat again because you read it on the internet. Cheers

Wow talk about putting words in my mouth. You could not have gotten more wrong if you tried. What I am ACTUALLY saying is that there is a ton of made up BS on these forums and others that are simply untrue yet are repeated ad nauseum by the masses...and if asked them to prove how they know that all they could come up is ''well people say it is so, therefore it is'. The great thing brulosophy has done is debunk s lot of these myths. The benefits of that as a homebrewer are huge because you can spend more time making more delicious beer instead of wasting time on **** that has no effect.

Wow talk about putting words in my mouth. You could not have gotten more wrong if you tried. What I am ACTUALLY saying is that there is a ton of made up BS on these forums and others that are simply untrue yet are repeated ad nauseum by the masses...and if asked them to prove how they know that all they could come up is ''well people say it is so, therefore it is'. The great thing brulosophy has done is debunk s lot of these myths. The benefits of that as a homebrewer are huge because you can spend more time making more delicious beer instead of wasting time on poopy that has no effect.
We will have to agree to disagree. To make a perfect product requires alot of effort and you won't get there taking shortcut as most things in life. Brew however you like. Cheers

You define your own goals in brewing. If you like short and shoddy like Brulo, then cool. If you like refining the details, then cool too.

The issue comes in when you start telling others that Brulo has debunked good brewing practices. Just because him and his alcoholic buddies don’t have any taste buds left doesn’t mean good brewing practices are for naught.

Also it’s important to note that changing a single variable in brewing often doesn’t lead to a big change. Beer is the sum of its parts.

I really don't have a dog in this fight; I just like to stir the pot sometimes.

A lot of folks on this board pay lip service to the "brew what you like" philosophy, but are the first to get their Underoos in a wad when somebody suggests that they've found the true path to enlightenment.

Realistically, if the beer market means anything, we're all just whizzing in the wind. Eighty per cent of the country's beer drinkers seem to think light beer is "perfect".

Realistically, if the beer market means anything, we're all just whizzing in the wind. Eighty per cent of the country's beer drinkers seem to think light beer is "perfect".

And it seems like the other 20% are drinking beers with Fruit loops and stuff in them.

Latest posts

Back