How many gallons of cider 2019?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kraizter

Reaction score
Figured I would start a thread for this.

Same rules as previous years. January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019. Ciders and cider variants welcome.

So far, for us, in 2019 we have started:

6 gallons safcider
6 gallons Nottingham
1 gallon cuvee
------------------------------------

13 gallons cider in 2019

My first batch ever. 1 gallon cider from an orchard in Amish country and Safale US-05 (its what I had on hand). That makes 14 gallons.

Count me in for an easy 50.

50+14 = 64

(Edit to add: I love my standard cider and have no need to play. Good store bought juice, SO-4 or EC-1118, malic acid, tannins, DAP. Primary one month, secondary one or two, prime with 28g/gal AJC and wait as long as possible. I am finally at the point where I can enjoy cider that is six months old after having played catch up all last year.)

Okay, so let's recap:

13 +1 + 14 (updated) + 8 = 36 gallons

I just started another two batches:

+6 gallons w/ 32oz homemade syrup and cider house yeast
+6 gallons w/ 32oz homemade syrup and d47 yeast

36 + 12 =
48 gallons 2019

Made 14 gallons of my base cider.
Will be split into 3 batches.. Citra Hopped Cider, Blueberry Bourbon Cider and ?? TBD Cider.

48+14 = 62 gallons

Started up another 7 this morning. Thus...

62 + 7 = 69 gallons.

All you early 2019 starters not in the Southern Hemisphere are you still getting fresh pressed or using store bought juice?

All you early 2019 starters not in the Southern Hemisphere are you still getting fresh pressed or using store bought juice?
The orchard I pick up my fresh pressed cider from is doing their final pressing this Thursday. Usually they start mid September and finish mid January.

Just started 5 gallon batch two days ago. If I stretch it into more than 5 I'll update with a new post.
I usually just make my base cider from Indiana Summer (store bought 100% cider) add my sugar and base flavoring, then adjust after it finishes, me and my freinds like best is my Tennesse Apple Fire at about 12 ABV

I'm still stuck in gallon carboys. have a couple 6 gals I just picked up but I want to be sure I can make a decent one before I go that big.
And one of those gallons is a cider started last week, so....

69+1=70
Just started 5 gallon batch two days ago. If I stretch it into more than 5 I'll update with a new post.
I usually just make my base cider from Indiana Summer (store bought 100% cider) add my sugar and base flavoring, then adjust after it finishes, me and my freinds like best is my Tennesse Apple Fire at about 12 ABV
70+5=75

Just started what will be 5 gal. of funky sour cider with peach. Using WLP616 Funky Cider Yeast Blend and local orchard fresh pressed juice that I bought and froze solid in Dec. 2018. I’ll add 5 pounds of frozen peach slices after fermentation slows.

97 + 5 = 102 gal.

[QUOTE="Bamos6928, post: 8507333, member: 251753" Safale US-05 (its what I had on hand[/QUOTE] let us no how this worked for you and at what temp. Some of us are stuck with high temps and looking for a good yeast.

[QUOTE="Bamos6928, post: 8507333, member: 251753" Safale US-05 (its what I had on hand
let us no how this worked for you and at what temp. Some of us are stuck with high temps and looking for a good yeast.[/QUOTE]I've used montrechet at 80F and had no problems. Let it sit for 6 weeks to clean up but it's fantastic. That yeast is a beast, used it at 55 and at 80 and get the same flavor.

Just started what will be 5 gal. of funky sour cider with peach. Using WLP616 Funky Cider Yeast Blend and local orchard fresh pressed juice that I bought and froze solid in Dec. 2018. I’ll add 5 pounds of frozen peach slices after fermentation slows.

97 + 5 = 102 gal.

You have to let me know how this turns out

I have 6.5 gallons of northern Michigan Indian summer fermenting to Nottingham. Started at 1.061 with fajc and 1.5 lbs brown sugar. Going to bring it down to 1.015 or so which should be Wednesday or so.

97 + 5 = 102 gal.
I have 6.5 gallons of northern Michigan Indian summer fermenting to Nottingham. Started at 1.061 with fajc and 1.5 lbs brown sugar. Going to bring it down to 1.015 or so which should be Wednesday or so.
For future reference, this is a running tally for the whole thread. Next time just add yours to the latest total [emoji482]

We're at 108.5.

We're at 108.5. Plus another 7 pitched just now.

Getting after it while temps are still cool, thus...

108.5 + 7 = 115.5

+6.5 gallons dv10, cuvee, classique blended yeast with 10oz apple concentrate and 16oz maple syrup

+6.5 gallons cuvee with 32oz maple syrup

115.5 + 13 = 128.5

Started an apple and planning a cranberry....

I have not brewed beer for years, I have been stuck on wine.....I have decided to try an experimental batch of apple cider. My question is, how much corn sugar in either a 5 gallon batch or per 22 oz. bottle? Also, is it better to mix into the whole batch or each bottle for consistency??

This is a running tally thread of gallons made this year. You'd be better off starting a new thread for your questions. But since it's simple, I'll answer anyway - carbonate like beer using a priming calculator like this one: https://www.northernbrewer.com/pages/priming-sugar-calculator

I pick 2.4 Volumes of CO2 and 68°F. Bulk or bottle is your choice.

My local orchard finally put the press to rest for the 2018-2019 cider season. Here are our last fresh batches of the season, pressed 3/7/19:

+6.5 gallons with Belgian Ale yeast starter from fresh maple sap
+6 gallons with 71B yeast starter from fresh maple sap
+6 gallons with d47
+6 gallons with qa23

24.5 + 128.5 = 153 gallons of cider 2019

My first Cider in a very long time, so I kept it rather simple. 5 gallons of store bought juice, bumped up the abv with a little added sugar and slightly carbonated. Turned out rather good and looking forward to my next batch that I can add a new twist to basic cider!

5 + 153 = 158 gallons

5 gallons of Gold Rush with WLP 616 Funky Cider blend, plus
3 gallons of Gold Rush fermenting naturally at 50F
+ 159 = 167 gallons

and I've yet to try a drop of either one!

Show us that Funky when it’s ready. Mine is incredibly clear after one month!

Show us that Funky when it’s ready. Mine is incredibly clear after one month!
What temp did you clear at? I've left mine on the lees after fermentation completed and it is still fairly cloudy about three weeks later. I am not sure how much I want to age this before serving.

So I assume original volume, not bottled volume?

6 5 gallon batches of different brand store juices with different yeasts. So
30 +167=197

Bottled my first 5 gallons from early october a few days ago. Should be interesting in a few weeks after bottle conditioning!

So I assume original volume, not bottled volume?

6 5 gallon batches of different brand store juices with different yeasts. So
30 +167=197

Bottled my first 5 gallons from early october a few days ago. Should be interesting in a few weeks after bottle conditioning!
Anything you pitched the yeast into in 2019, add the volume that went into the fermenter.

What temp did you clear at? I've left mine on the lees after fermentation completed and it is still fairly cloudy about three weeks later. I am not sure how much I want to age this before serving.

At basement temps. Was 55 deg. F. Now more like 60 deg. F.

Back