how many fridges/freezers do you have

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sorefingers23

Reaction score
just wondering if im the only one on here that has too many fridges? i currenty have an old coke vending machine in my garage that fits standard beer bottles( great for parties), a fridge, and a fermentation chamber in my beer room, and a chest freezer soon to be keezer, and my kitchen fridge.

I have a fridge from the old house when we moved (bottle and hops storage), a 7.2 cu ft chest freezer kegerator, and a 5 cu ft fermentation chest freezer. I'm thinking I need another 8-9 cu ft chest freezer for fermenting ( so I can do more than one at a time ) and use the 5 cu ft freezer as a lagering chamber.

haha 4 currently. One kitchen fridge, one kegerator fridge, one garage fridge that's mostly empty and one fermentation fridge I just built.

This is a common conversation with my wife as well ;)

Since I live alone I can get away with pretty much anything I want to do in the house, so let's see I've got 6 total.

So there's a 18 cuft and 25cuft fridge/freezers side by side in the kitchen, one almond and one black, there's a small apartment fridge in the living room, in the master bedroom there's a 7cuft freezer on a STC-1000 for my sake brewing, and next to that is a 15cuft upright freezer on a STC-1000 for use as a large refrigerator, and in the laundry room is a 3cuft freezer for my meat supply.

1 freezer and 1 fridge in the garage, 1 fridge in the kitchen, 1 freezer in the fermentation room, 1 freezer (converted for serving kegs) in the basement, and 1 fridge in the basement kitchen. So 6. That's normal right?

Ok, but........here's the thing. I have two houses. One is at the lake, and one is at home. Both need a kegerator, of course, and both need a fridge of course. And then the house we rent in Texas in the winter has two, and again- one is for food and one is the kegerator.

And I hunt, so we need a couple of freezers for venison. Oh and we garden, and freeze our fruits from our plants (as well as our veggies), so we need a couple of big freezers.

Now, in my house I only have one upright freezer, one chest freezer, one regular fridge, one fridge converted to a kegerator, and one small dorm fridge "just in case".

But if you add them all together.............well, maybe that is a little excessive. :D

Home: 2 full size fridges, one chest freezer, one upright freezer, one dorm fridge. That's only 4.5, really.

House - fridge
basement - chest freezer
Garage - fridge and keezer
Detached Garage - fermentation chamber (freezer)

By my higher math skills, 5.

4. Kitchen fridge. Single tap kegerator, Fermentation mini-fridge. And really mini fridge I need to sell or trade for larger one. I really need a second fermentation fridge instead when I'm making 2 lagers in succession. Right now I am "lagering" a keg on the garage floor. Not ideal.

I don't even count the fridge in the kitchen...that's just a given. I store hops in the chest freezer in the garage, so I guess that counts. I have a kegerator, and a small in-the-bar fridge that stores various brewing related stuff and beer. I really do need a fermentation chamber...that will be my next! (trying to decide between an upright vs a dorm style vs a chest freezer...)

3 fridges, each with a freezer. 1 is ferm chamber, 1 is keg fridge/brewing freezer (for ice to cool samples, etc.), the other is the kitchen fridge.

1 fridge in the house for foodstuffs
1 fridge in the garage for drinking stuff
1 upright and 1 chest freezer in the garage for hunting, fishing, foraging and gardening successes.

SONOFA!!! I just got rid of one! If I had known... I would have kept it and totally won the interwebs!

Kitchen fridge
Two temp controlled fermentation fridges (one full sized, one 'kegerator' sized)
A mini behind the bah
Four by six DIY walk-in coolah for all of the kegs/keg lines that run to the bah and my "cold bottle storage"

Meh... that's not that many I guess... I guess I wouldn't have won the interwebs.

*^&@$!!! I'm buying more TONIGHT!! (just kidding. I probably wont)

Regular full size fridge-freezer combo in the kitchen for food, some grain, yeast, hops, starter wort and all the bottled beer we keep cold (about five six packs worth).

Small fridge in fermentation room for fermentation chamber.

I wish we had a small chest freezer for food. I'd keep a lot of bulk food cooked.

5 fridges and 3 freezers in two houses. Three are involved in brewing; two keggors, and a fermentation fridge that is off over 95% of the time. We have stand-alone freezers in the house and the cabin, both packed with food and a huge quantity of blackberries and cherries. Kitchen fridges in both places, but they are relatively small. The last fridge is downstairs in the wetbar and is used mostly when we entertain. I don't count my wife's son's fridge. It's just being stored. With the exception of the fermentation fridge, they are all Energy Star rated.

Incidentally, my ferm chamber fridge is the oldest of the bunch, probably a 70's model...I brewed two lagers recently that were in primary and/or cold crashing for the better part of September...my electric bill was pretty high considering we didn't run the AC the entire month.

I was trying to figure it out then I realized that I lagered/fermented in the 50's for an entire month in an inefficient fridge.

i'm a slacker. i only have 1 in the kitchen, 1 in the garage (3-tap kegerator), 10cf chest freezer on it's way to becoming a ferm chamber, and a mini for bottles

5. Kitchen fridge, kegerator, wine fridge (that also houses beer), old kitchen fridge that is in the garage (hops, bbq, yeast, beer), and a large chest freezer for fermentation/keg conditioning. Good god, when I look at that, that just seems like too many.

Back