How Many BTU?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EndlessWinter77

Reaction score
Ok I searched the threads for a while and could not find a solid answer. I want to make 5-15 gal. batches and I will use it to deep fry turkeys and smaller creatures. What is a good range of BTU's to shoot for for so that it is not overkill, but heats quick? Thanks:confused:

first your gonna want two separate brewpots because of the oil, it's bad for head rention in beer. secondly most fryers(60k) are fine for 5-9g boils any more and you will need a banjo burner(90k+).

first your gonna want two separate brewpots because of the oil, it's bad for head rention in beer. secondly most fryers(60k) are fine for 5-9g boils any more and you will need a banjo burner(90k+).

Thanks for the help. I will have two seperate brew pots but say I had a large stainless that I wanted to use for both, could I clean it well enough with oxyclean so that it would not effect the beer?

Back