How many batches have you bottled in one session?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWhleDr

Reaction score
Today was the second time that I bottled two batches, one after the next. I try to turn bottling into a "fun" time, but lets face it, it is time consuming. I always rinse bottles once I empty them so they are not dirty but I cannot get away from wanting to wash them before sanitizing. So that doubles the bottle cleansing time. I built a bottle tree which helps organize things and am efficient at racking, filling, and capping, but would still like to make it quicker. So the question is the title, how many batches (or gallons) have you bottled in one session? I know, I need to keg. I have a co2 tank, just need to make the move on a small keg and get it going. Thanks for replies, thought it would be an interesting thread to see how much you all bottle.

I've done two at the most....

You don't NEED to keg...it's a choice some make, but not everyone.....some don't don't have the space, or the extra cash, or like the taste of bottle conditioned beers over kegged....Or like bottles in general...don't fall into the "I have to do this, or own this, in order to be a "real" brewer."

ANd bottling doesn't have to be a time consuming "chore," either....IF you work on your process...I call it "pimping" it...

I get a 5 gallon batch of beer bottled in 45 minutes.....

There's plenty of tips in here, by myself and others to make bottling go smothly, effortlessly, ad quickly....https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/revvys-tips-bottler-first-time-otherwise-94812/

I have read your sticky on bottling and it is great. I need to re read it actually. I should have said " I would really like to get at least one keg so that I can advance the whole brew system and learn more about a great hobby." As far as 45 minutes goes, I am sure it will take some time for my system to function in that manner. Thanks for the reply Revvy, as I know you are very informative and passionate about brewing.

Latest posts

Back