How long will beer last from keg to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronjer

Reaction score
If I put it into ez-top (grolsch type) bottle, and refrigerate, how long will it stay carb'd?
Thanks!

Well, that depends on how careful you are.

Using the BMBF and following all of the "rules" I would imagine you could keep a beer for months, or longer, and be fine. However, I admit that sometimes I half-arse it and I don't chill my bottles and I don't release all of the pressure etc. The reason for this is because when I use the BMBF I am typically just running to a buddy's house for a couple brews. However, I did this one time and never got around to leaving so I had a couple of these in the fridge for a couple of weeks. Went over to my brothers house with them one day and they were wet cardboard city.

If you filled them full and let them site for 30 sec or so to get the O2 out, they will be good from months. I have had Stouts that were good after 3 months, I have never had a problem. But I usually cap with O2 absorbing caps...

Back