how long will a keg stay carbed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpbc

Reaction score
I've got a situation where i have too much beer.... Terrible I know :) 2 cornys on tap, and 4 that are full and were shortly purged with co2 and are sitting in my basement

usually I just do the sit it and forget it method of carbing. But instead of waiting for my beer to carb when I switch kegs I was wondering if I carbed the beer with an extra co2 tank that I have and then let it sit for a while(1-6 months) unattached to a co2 tank after its carbed would it loose any carbonation? would it leave the beer and transfer to the dead space of the keg?

I figure commercial kegs are just fine with this, but they also don't have the dead space like we normally have with homebrew corny's. not sure if its an issue.

Thanks in advance!

or if you are going to let them sit that long. Add priming sugar and use just enough CO2 to check your seals. Let the yeasties carb it up for you.

Latest posts

Back