How long will a corny last with jockey box?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevA

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm starting kegging and planning to use a jockey box type setup primarily untill my keezer is built. Will the kegged beer go off if the keg isn't kept icy cold? Any idea how long a keg will keep this way? (I figure a weekend if friends come by, but when that doesn't happen or keg is only partly used before swapping to another)

I wouldn't think you'd have much of a decline in shelf life provided you are not keeping it overly warm. it's like a big bottle. Store in the basement or cooler location just as you might store bottled beer.

You may be wasting a lot of money on ice though if you plan to drink regularly!

I kegged my first beer before I had a keezer. After 1 week of conditioning inside I set the keg outside on the back deck and hooked it to CO2. Overnight low was about 30F. The next day I rolled the keg back and forth under high pressure to carb it up. For the next 4 weeks the temperature would fluctuate between the upper 20's and upper 60's. If the beer temp was 50F or less I was drinking it. It was still good when the keg kicked and I'm sure it would have stayed good even a lot longer. Edwort's Haus Pale Ale
first beer.JPG

Back