How long to wait for competition results?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mob_Barley

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering how long should I wait for the results of a competition before emailing someone and asking "what's up"? Don't want to name the competition, but it's been two and a half weeks. I'm sure it depends on the competition. I haven't entered that many, so I don't have a point of reference. I'd just like to see the results posted where they said they'd be as a first step, then get the score sheets in the mail as a second step...
Thanks.

Every comp is different. Some organizers have lots of free time and get the results posted and sheets mailed out asap, sometimes they are really busy and it takes some time. The organizers are typically volunteers just like the judges, so they usually are busy with work, family, life, etc.

Of course it's always nice to get results very quickly. If they said they would get the results posted online somewhere, then by all means send them an email and ask when they will be available. Of course I'd say be polite and don't sound demanding.

It wouldn't hurt to thank them for putting on the competition, sometimes a little praise goes a long way.

That's not very long. If it is a month later, then I would start to get really anxious. At that point, a polite email to the conference organizer would certainly be in order. As stated above, all competitions are run by volunteers with lives of their own, so some patience is definitely required.

Hope those results get to you soon! :mug:

No use ragging on the competition. If I was wrong on the timeframe for results, which I was, then I'd be complaining and giving the competition a bad name for nothing.

Back