How long should i let it sit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishBrewer74

Reaction score
Recently brewed an agave wheat that started at 1.072 and should finish at 7.07%. I usually let the wheat beer this is based on sit in the primary 3-4 weeks before kegging and it turns out great. My impression is that the higher the gravity, the longer it needs to age.

Any thoughts on how long after fermentation I should legit sit before kegging?

I would leave it for 3-4 weeks, as long as fermentation is done. You can go longer.

Fermentation should have been done within two weeks, and time beyond that is conditioning, which I always do as well. I'd suggest tasting it to see if the higher ABV results in any "hot alcohol" flavors that you might want to allow further conditioning to soften.

You can go longer in secondary or not at your choice. Personally, I would probably go into the keg to rack off the yeast and sediment and hold it at conditioning temps there to age, you can put enough pressure on it to pour some small samples and watch it as it ages. You can probably carb it nice and slow as well if you like.

Latest posts

Back