How Long Have you been brewing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyc

Reaction score
Just curious to see how long some people on the forum have been brewing. I have been brewing for almost a year. Ive got 11 batches, and one batch of Apfelwein under my belt. Not as much as Id like to brew, but Im kicking it up slowly but surely. I read posts on here, and there is so much knowledge going throughout this board that I often wonder, "man how long has this guy been brewing?" So just curious how long everyone has been brewing.

I have been brewing since July of 2006 if you include Mr. Beer. Started 5 gallon batches in DEC 2006. All total, I have about 10 batches, but will up production when I start doing AG batches in a couple of weeks.

:mug: I bottled my 1st brew a stout on 1/8/07, I gave (2) 22 oz.'s to a buddy who sort of told me how to do it. He brought them over a couple days ago to show me what letting them condition a long time would make. It was nice to drink some of the first brew I ever did! But I could not tell that much difference between letting them bulk condition in primary for a month and bottle conditioning for a year.:mug: :mug: :mug:

First brewed some three batches in 2003/2004, quit, then started back Nov '07, have brewed three batches this go around. Just ordered ingredients for two more batches so I guess I'll go past last time. Lots of folks on here lots longer.

Rick

1991, until about 2003. Took a few years off.
Stumbled on this site last year, got the bug again, and started kegging and brewing more than I used to (7 batches in 6 months). Did my first all grain batch yesterday...

Since about November of 2007, initially with a Mr. Beer kit, now with real equipment (albeit in small batches).

I'm not really sure- maybe 2 or 3 years ago. I started with wine, and mead, and then tried a Beer Machine. I did two batches with the Beer Machine and then started with extract brewing with steeping grains. I've been doing all-grain since December '06.

niquejim said:
Without a doubt the best hobby for anyone who REALLY likes good beer:mug:

Completely agree!!!! A little expensive, but definately worth the happiness!!:D

over 5 years. i dont know how many batches probably 30 or so. I've brewed 7 this year already. (lots of parties!) All extract with specials!

I've been at it just over a year and have 20 five gallon batches done. It's quickly gone from I think I'll try it to wow this is pretty cool to full blown obsession.

started in 1999 I think, so many batches since then I have to check the log. I started with 5 gal kits and have no idea how many I have done since then. I just started kegging in november and will probably not bottle anything but hefe weizen. Counting the 4 batches I did today I have brewed 9 batches this year:rockin:

Bought my first brewing equipment in 1989, took several years off then started up again about 2.5 years ago and have been going strong ever since. It's not very often I don't have something in a fermenter.

I started in Sept 07.

I've done 4 beer batches (have 2 batches going now, plan on doing 4 more batches before going to AG) and 2 Apfelwein batches.

I currently do extract + steeping grains, aiming to do all grain in May.

Started my first batch on June 07, but really got going in August 07. Have brewed 23 batches to date, with two all grains, on partial mash, and a cider under my belt. Best hobby around!!:ban:

I've been brewing since December 1994. I went all grain in the summer of 95. I took some time off back in 03-05 because of work. I also didn't brew a lot last year. I hope to do more in 08!

I started in June of 2007 by joining my coworker who is also a homebrewer. Since then, I've outbrewed him 10 times over. I've also gotten 3 friends and counting into homebrewing, so I've done my part:D

Brewed my first batch in '94-'95, can't remember which. Went AG after a few batches but was inconsistent for a lot of years. Starting in '07, due to a friend of mine who got back into brewing and the discovery of this forum, I have found a new passion for brewing and have made better beers than ever before. Cheers to you all and long live homebrew!

Cheers

ex-es sister gave me a carlson kit for xmas of 97or98 did three of em then then we broke up and the buckets got moved into my deds place and i forgot bout em till bout a year ago and started back up, did 10-15 batches last year as well as starting another on the obsession

Started back in '94 and sort of quit in '97 or so. Discovered the HBT back in November and got pulled back in.

Still got that original carboy from '94. Don't know how many times I picked that up while moving and said, "I should just toss this thing" in the intervening years. Glad I didn't!

One year this month as well...21 batches total including ciders. I read somewhere that the average attrition time frame is 3 years, so I hope I can make it past that point!

Not long, actually. 19 batches under my belt since June 26, 2007, plus a few that I helped buddies with. Got 3 others hooked, too. Batch 20 is going to be AG. :)

Started brewing in 1987 with a couple of multi-year sabbaticals, one being 5 years while living in Germany.

Started in late 1992 or early 1993 while a senior in college. I brewed a porter with extract + steeping grains which I still remember to this day. Fantastic! Brewed in fits and starts through grad school stopping in 1997. Got started again in April 2007 with two good friends and we got pretty serious. Just went AG recently!

27 years. Started with grocery store kits in Canada then started branching out while a student @ UC Davis with a buddy who is now a brewmaster with Budweiser in So Cal.

Those of you who started in the last few years I envy. So many quality ingredients readily available as well as all the info on the net.

GT

Just started in December, 2007. One Mr. Beer batch, then two 5 gallon Extract + Specialty Grain batches.

I'm hoping to get set up for AG on my next one.

PseudoChef said:
Started the day after my 25th Birthday in July of 2007. Done 10 batches total.

Now that’s kind of creepy. My SWMBO got me my starter kit on my 25th in July 07 and now its all down hill. I don’t have my book but i think I’m on my 10th batch too. :mug: to the addiction.

Bought a Mr. Beer kit several years ago and did 2 batches, didnt like either one. Got the bucket set up last year in November and have done 7 batches so far since then. You gotta love a hobbie that you can drink :rockin:

SD

Back