How long does beer take to suffer oxidisation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerkench

Reaction score
Bottling my beer today I had a situation where the small bloody magnet attached to my bottle capper fell into the bottle of beer I was capping. I therefore had to pour the beer into another bottle to get back the magnet out risking both oxidisation and contamination.
I will make sure this is going to be the first test bottle in 2 weeks time but do you think it will be ok?

It'll depend on how roughly you poured it into the other bottle. But since you did mark it,no worries about the rest.

It'll depend on how roughly you poured it into the other bottle. But since you did mark it,no worries about the rest.

It wasn't the smoothest of transitions as I used a funnel to get it into the new bottle. It went glug glug glug glug.

And on a long cold winter night when the world seems completely frozen,who doesn't long for some dank, moldy cardboard to remind one's self of milder days?

Back