how long can rhizomes be chilled?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

android

Reaction score
unfortunately i haven't gotten around to planting the rhizomes i received about 1 month ago. they've been in the fridge since, any idea how long they can be chilled before they expire?

I had mine in the chill chest for amost 8 weeks before planting.

When I retreived them they all had multiple white buds.

2 weeks in the ground and they are fine. I guessing that 8 weeks is nothing and under the right conditions they could last much longer.

I have read on here that a year is possible.. Just need to keep them damp but not wet.

thanks for the replies. they're still in the package and have some condensation in the package. hopefully i'll have some time to plant them this weekend. even if i can't get the trellis built, i would like to get them in the ground.

thanks for the replies. they're still in the package and have some condensation in the package. hopefully i'll have some time to plant them this weekend. even if i can't get the trellis built, i would like to get them in the ground.

You've got a few weeks before you have to worry about the trellis. Just get them in the ground and growing.

Back