How long are your hoses?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgbranch

Reaction score
I bought about 20' of Silicone Tubing and I am about to cut it to length. They will be used for a single pump system attaching to valves on all vessels. I started to go with 3' but decided I would see what you guys have done and how it worked.
Thanks....

No one can answer that, it's totally dependent on your system. I would set it all up as if you were going to brew, then simply cut to length from there.

Thats a good point. Gonna go do that now. That way I can try them out with the new pump when finished.
Thx.

I bought 20' also thinking I'd need it. I ended up using about 3' for the input because it only had to reach all three vessel bulkheads. The output is about 4.5' so it can reach over the top of any vessel. If you have an external chiller, you'd also want a piece to go from the output of that chiller back into the top of the BK so you can recirculate hot wort for sanitizing. Still... 20' is overkill.

As short as possible, without it kinking. I have only one on the hot side from a pump to a whirlpool return (and then later to the fermenter), its about two feet.

No one can answer that, it's totally dependent on your system. I would set it all up as if you were going to brew, then simply cut to length from there.

Yes. do this. Then, take a deep breath and refrain from cutting anything until you do it again. From there, read Bobby's comment above, and cut what you need and sell or store the rest.

Back