How is this kegging kit? Is the taprite worth it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the one tap kit from the same site and I am happy with it. I should have went with the two tap, just bought a co2 splitter today

I haven't used Taprite or the cheaper ones they have but the cheap regulators I got from Midwest are garbage compared to the Cornelius regulators I use now.

Can you give some detail about the issues you had with cheaper regulators?

I also added the 15$ for the taprite regulator and it's doing its job, no issues.

Can you give some detail about the issues you had with cheaper regulators?

The pressure would creep up. One didn't work at all and Midwest replaced it. I don't think either one work anymore. After using good ones I'd never even bother with those cheapos again.

I don't know if the ones Birdman sales are bad but I do think is worth $15 bucks more for quality.

I would go with the taprite because down the road when you need to rebuild it you know you can get parts. With a regulator you can't get parts for it's trash. So for 10 to 15$ it cost to rebuild the taprite or have to buy a new regulator 50 to 70$ it's up to you.

Back