how i was too lazy to brew and fermented sugar water today....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
well i need to standerdize my sugar washes for calorie reasons, yes a half gallon in a '10 gallon' batch makes a big difference 7% ABW for 9.5, or 6.6% ABW, for 10....

and being i'll never do sit ups in the gym for hours, i took a second to crunch the math of a 15" wide circle, and remind myself how many inches would be how many gallons so i could mark my stick for exactly 11.8"'s of fill EVERYTIME! consistency right! :D

Or you COULD just buy a certain size bag of sugar ( 8 lbs, 10 lbs, 1 4lb and 1 5 lb, etc...). Just a suggestion since I don't know your process.

Or you COULD just buy a certain size bag of sugar ( 8 lbs, 10 lbs, 1 4lb and 1 5 lb, etc...). Just a suggestion since I don't know your process.

it's not like brewing beer...i have a KNOWN possible OG, and the water is the varible...and even a half gallon makes like a 100-200 calorie deffernce in a day....

i know it's 3x4lb bags of sugar but the difference between 9.5 gallons, 10 gallons, 9 gallons...is HUGE in calories per pour....

Back