How fast do you go through your kegged beer??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraniteRiverBrewing

Reaction score
Since I've been kegging beer, I can't seem to have a stash of full kegs. I finish one in 3 weeks or so. When I have one full, I've floated the other one. I know I have to brew more to have a few ready and willing, but WTF!! How fast do you put'em down??How many do you usually have stockpiled and ready to go??

Sorry mod's wrong area..

Since I've been kegging beer, I can't seem to have a stash of full kegs. I finish one in 3 weeks or so. When I have one full, I've floated the other one. I know I have to brew more to have a few ready and willing, but WTF!! How fast do you put'em down??How many do you usually have stockpiled and ready to go??

Sorry mod's wrong area..

I find that I drink far more than i used to, when I'd see the dead soldiers at the sink. At first, I was floating kegs like almost every week, but then it's slowed down, and I actually keep a few kegs around and ready to go. I think you'll find that if you brew every two weeks, you can keep up with consumption. We had to stop drinking homebrew for about two weeks, until my supply could keep up with demand!

3 hours at a party, 1 week in the kegerator, and I'm still working on a batch of IPA in the garage from February. The key is to get a big freezer. :D

KeezerIsFull.jpg

Not long enough. Maybe a month if I'm lucky and I don't have anyone to share with. One reason why I look forward to 10G batches. It is so easy to walk up to the kegerator and pull the handle to fill the glass.

I just swapped out a keg today that I had put on tap on 4-20-08. I don't get a lot of help drinking my beer and I can only drink about two weeks out of the month (shift work). SWMBO's recent pregnancy and subsequent chemotherapy have kept her on the wagon as well...

3 hours at a party, 1 week in the kegerator, and I'm still working on a batch of IPA in the garage from February. The key is to get a big freezer. :D

KeezerIsFull.jpg

A couple of reasons for starting this thread is I swapped out another keg today and when I saw this picture..Ed, How long have those kegs been conditioning?
I've gotta get brewing....

13 kegs...Damn..:rockin:

I just swapped out a keg today that I had put on tap on 4-20-08. I don't get a lot of help drinking my beer and I can only drink about two weeks out of the month (shift work). SWMBO's recent pregnancy and subsequent chemotherapy have kept her on the wagon as well...

The keg I swapped out today was kegged on 8/26..I can't help it. It so friggin good...

I keep 8 kegs on tap and 2-4 in the basement ready to go. With that much to chose from they last a lot longer. Unless you just keep pumping off one keg.

I killed the cream ale in 3 weeks...by my self. As everyone says...when you just have to pull the tap to top off, and there are not a stack of bottles in the sink...ya just go through more.
On the up side though....I've all but stopped drinking pop (Soda for those of you in Rio Linda)
I usually don't get much help with the beer. SWMBO takes a 6 pack to her boss out of each batch...but it's pretty much just me from there out.

I have two taps and almost to the day, they last 1 month. I try to keep 4 kegs ahead so I don't run out.

I just kegged my first beer and I have been slowing down because I don't have another on tap for like two more weeks. But I almost finished it in 3 weeks.... with a little bit of help.

If I'm by myself one keg will last about 3-4 weeks. But typically with friends coming over etc one lasts about 2 weeks. Need to brew more often.

I drink one to two pints each day. So, theoretically I should go through a single keg in 20 days (5gals x 8 pints per gal = 40). Generally, it takes me a lot longer because I usually have more than one keg tapped.

We average 1.5 weeks per keg here. So if I put two new kegs in the fridge, we average 3 weeks drinking evenly between the two, before both tap out.

I was just wondering this now that I'm moving to kegging. I figure I can get by if I brew 10 gallons once a month.

We average 3 weeks on a keg. But I try to have two on tap at all times (try being the key word). We kicked the Amber Rye in 2 weeks cause it was soooo goood. If it's just me (read IPA on tap), it could take 5 weeks.

well if its just me a swmbo then its last 2 weeks or so ,,but that never happons
becase her girl friends come over all the time and them hoes can really drink even more when thay all get together,
that and my frends come over alot too and thay arent any better
a bunch of mooche drunks really :) but i dont mind to much thay bring food

Back