How does this method of tranfering wort sound?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q2XL

Reaction score
The last(first) brew that I made had all of the hops and break poured directly into the 6.5 gallon carboy. For my 2nd brew I do not want all of that in the fermenter.

So, what I was going to do was first strain the wort through a mesh bag into a food grade bucket. Then simply pour the wort from the bucket right into the 6.5 gallon carboy. It seems to me that I kill 2 birds with one stone...strain the hops real well and aerate it much better then I did the last time.

Sound about right?

Do you have a bottling bucket with a spigot? One idea would be to use that as the strainer bucket with it on the counter top. Then have the spigot open with tubing running directly into your fermenter.

That way you only have to lift and pour your wort once.

Do you have a bottling bucket with a spigot? One idea would be to use that as the strainer bucket with it on the counter top. Then have the spigot open with tubing running directly into your fermenter.

That way you only have to lift and pour your wort once.

That would work too. Sometimes the simplest of answers escape me. :confused:

Wish I had done that on my last batch as my kitchen strainer did a rather poor job of getting all the 'chunkies' out.....

Latest posts

Back