How does SWMBO feel about your hobby/obsession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rdwj said:
Well, she could be a Bear fan :D

...or rich!

We're working on the Bear fan part. And making progress... she IS wearing a Bear's t-shirt today at work because SHE LOVES THE BEARS! :D

Considering we both love homebrewing, rich is likely NEVER going to happen :D

Well my wife bought me my first kit for Christmas a few years back so she has nothing to complain about:D She likes the fact that I have a hobby I like and that keeps me out of trouble(well mostly). She doesn't drink so I am forced to consume all of my creations myself.

ill.literate said:
We're working on the Bear fan part. And making progress... she IS wearing a Bear's t-shirt today at work because SHE LOVES THE BEARS! :D

Considering we both love homebrewing, rich is likely NEVER going to happen :D

That's a big first step! I know that change IS possible. I converted my wife to a Sox fan. And she wasn't a typical girly fan either - she knew the game, the standing and the players.

...as far as rich, there is always the lottery! That's about my only hope.

GO COLTS!! Sorry yall. Well, my wife is about a 2 or 2.5. This was all my idea and it is fully my hobby and my time when it takes place. There is a deal in the works to get my first kegging system on my upcoming b-day though ;)
At any rate, she loves that I have something that I am passionate about, a hobby, and likes to see my happy. The equpiment, the time, the fermentors lurking around the house, maybe not her favorite part. BUT, she does drink her fair share of the product and does listen to me when I talk about my next GREAT brewing idea.
She is adorable and she is patient with me, I have a budget for what I spend on this hobby monthly, she has her scrapbooking as well. SHE ALSO JUST BOUGHT ME a custom ceramic beer mug! No complaints, it is MY hobby and if she LOVED it too much, it may not feel like it was MINE to begin with?

Did I mention that she is a model??

Brewpilot

rdwj said:
That's a big first step! I know that change IS possible. I converted my wife to a Sox fan. And she wasn't a typical girly fan either - she knew the game, the standing and the players.

...as far as rich, there is always the lottery! That's about my only hope.

LOL! I'm wearing the shirt because it lets me wear jeans to work instead of grown up clothes! Though I look good in those too ;)

As far as rich? We have love, laughter, wonderful kids and family members. I am wealthy beyond words.

rdwj said:
...I converted my wife to a Sox fan...

Nothing like getting the wife high on meth while she's pregnant and then proving to her that you're related. Sox fans tell me that it's a fun night.

:mug:

Shimms said:
LOL! I'm wearing the shirt because it lets me wear jeans to work instead of grown up clothes! Though I look good in those too ;)

As far as rich? We have love, laughter, wonderful kids and family members. I am wealthy beyond words.

Yes... yes she does :)

And she's right about our wealth. I'll take that over material stuff any day.

ill.literate said:
Yes... yes she does :)

And she's right about our wealth. I'll take that over material stuff any day.

I tried to pay my mortgage with laughter once. They gave it right back to me.

We have...

g_williams_275.jpg

You have...

wooVote.jpg

Cheesefood said:
I tried to pay my mortgage with laughter once. They gave it right back to me.

LOL - that's classic.

I have the love, family and kids already. I wouldn't TRADE them for a mountain of cash, but having that too would be nice

I'm lucky in that SWMBO will try anything I make. She likes stouts and lagers with fruit additions but she's only goor for 1 or 2 because the MS makes her hands numb and tingly, add more than a few beers on top of that and she'll bedropping beers left & right. I made an ale with raspberries for her because I just don't want to get into lagering (I have enough equipment and more on the wishlist already) We're both into wine and I'm doing a South African Shiraz soon.

swmbo kinda hates the brewing. she hates the smell mostly, and the clutter of bottles on the man cave side of the basement. she hates when i leave the brewing stuff out in the garage, or on the laundry/storage side of the basement.

as long as i don't start the boil whilst she's still home and keep the equipment on the good side of the basement, i don't get any flak over brewing. but she pretty much hates it :)

t1master said:
swmbo kinda hates the brewing. she hates the smell mostly, and the clutter of bottles on the man cave side of the basement. she hates when i leave the brewing stuff out in the garage, or on the laundry/storage side of the basement.

as long as i don't start the boil whilst she's still home and keep the equipment on the good side of the basement, i don't get any flak over brewing. but she pretty much hates it :)

Organize your garage.
Get into kegging - no more bottles.
Get a turkey fryer, boil outside.

i already got a turkey frier, and do boil outside, cept for winter, when it's too windy and cold. she hates the smell, and the garage is attached to the house,even though the fumes don't get in the house, except for when she opens the door and tells me it stinks....:drunk:

i don't want to keg tbh. i usually have the bottles on a shelf, except for after heavy sessions, i htink that might be part of the disdain as well... :mug:

Back