How does NB ship their yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can buy ice packs for about a buck that they will ship with the yeast

I've gotten yeast from NB a few times; paid a little extra for ice packs. I live in a desert, and once they arrived warm (hottish) to the touch, but they've always worked just fine.

I think it depends on what time of year it is and where you live obviously. But yeah ice packs are available if needed.

I ordered Wyeast from NB last week as part of a larger order, 3 day ground (it was only 2 bucks more than the $7.99 saver) and they shipped it with a little ice pack inside a cardboard mailer. I didn't even pay extra for the ice pack, I thought that was nice of them. Wyeast was manufactured Sept 8th, pretty darn fresh, smacked it, and it ballooned beautifully. Fermentation started very quickly.

I just ordered Wyeast from them, and it came in its own padded manila envelope. FWIW, even though it took about 4 days to get here (with $7.99 shipping) it was still kind of cold when I unpacked it. I put it right into the fridge and took it home on the train wrapped in foil and in the same padded manila mailer. Haven't used it yet, but figure it's probably going to be fine.

Back