How does boilover affect the taste?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGarner

Reaction score
My first brew was an American Wheat extract kit from LHBS. It is about six weeks old right now and although it is drinkable (I have already drank 1/3 of it) it is definitely not on the rebrew list. One of my favorite beers right now is Blue Moon and I have never had a Hefe that I wouldn't drink again so I thought I would like the American Wheat. I just find it bitter without much taste. Anyway, the point of this post is that when adding the hops at the beginning of the boil I had a major boil over and I am sure I lost some hops since the top of the stove was all green. I took a small portion of the finishing hops and added them in at the beginning to replace some of what I had lost (although. who knows how much I lost) My question is do you think the boilover incident drastically affected the taste of the beer, or is it just possible that I don't like American Wheat that much?

Back