How do you store/organize all your beer equipment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatsWhatSheSaid

Reaction score
Looking for creative ideas to store and organize all the beer equipment. I don't have a basement, and I don't have money for expensive cabinets. Right now all my stuff is scattered in my office room and its not looking too pretty. Are there any creative ideas to store and organize all your stuff in a small area?

I spread it around the garage then spent two days looking for it before I brew! :D

Well at least that's what I did when I started. A buddies kitchen flooded and I got all his old cabinetry. It is now in my garage and is home to all my brewing odds and ends.

I have a brew friend who picked up an older Craftsman tool chest, like a Stack-on. It is great for storing your brewing bits!

I have a stanley tool box with lift out tray, 2 compartments in the lid, this holds alot of my smaller stuff bungs, hydrometer, capper, airpump for airation, etc, all the small stuff goes here. have a platform i built from 2x4 that the mash tun sits on(60qt cube cooler) which 2x's as storage for alot of stuff. burner and pot stores under the platform. pails stack in eachother.

I live in a loft and have very little storage. Plus I take my gear out a lot to do brew demos anf group brews. So I needed a way to store all those odd bits that I need in the course of a brew day, PLUS be able to work out of it, and get to everything when I'm brewing in some pretty rudimentry conditions, plus protect stuff from the elements.

I started with an under the bed storage bit, that seals up. I measured my auto siphon and made sure that it is long enough to fit. (Yes it says Revvy's brewing box on it.)

154178_472413849066_620469066_5721746_4019180_n.jpg

Then I got a bunch of different containers and played with the setup. When I got what I liked I used velcro to connect them to the bin. I can re configure it in any way I want, as long as I make sure the new internal bin has velcro in the center. The little dots work perfectly.

69507_472594249066_620469066_5724320_1846987_n.jpg

The blue one in the bottom, holding the mash paddle, refractometer, auto siphon, aeration wand and other longish stuff is simply a wall paper tray that had seen better days, so I cut it in half and slid the pieces together until I got the size I wanted and then taped them together.

65854_472594469066_620469066_5724324_7851014_n.jpg

The box on the left holds my scale, airlocks, a timer, and can hold a bottle of starsan. (There is also a "tasting cup" on a lanyard for group brew days like AHC's teach a friend to brew, where I know there's going to be a TON of beer to sample, and I want to limit my intake, at least while I'm brewing. So I keep my portions small)

68185_472594709066_620469066_5724327_2859858_n.jpg

The center section is actually two boxes that stack and lock together. In the bottom is a basic "tool" kit...a multi tool, small pliers, flashlight, pair of scissors for openning hop and yeast packets. You know all the little things that you find you wish you had in the field. Even a small first aid kit.

The box above is actually pre-measured test tubes of starsan (I usually don't take a bottle with me in the field, I just pre measure a bunch of tubes, so whether I'm making a gallon or 5 I have enough. There's also the stir bar, and some little metal clips I use to hang one of my glass lab thermometers inside the boil kettle when heating strike water.

69716_472594834066_620469066_5724329_1454509_n.jpg

The last box is where I stick "ingredients" and stuff in, hops, a baggie of 5-2 buffer, corn sugar, lactose, whatever else I might need.

Also looking back in the main picture, in the space above the blue tray and the box my red oxygen bottle, and hydrometer test jar fits nicely in.

And what you don't see is that on top of everything I keep a pair of silicone gloves to use to lift my boil kettle;

Orka_glove_large2.jpg

And a couple HBT signs for representing at various events. You can see those in the first two pictures.

When travelling I keep the box closed with a couple of bungy cords.

It's nice because it fits under my bed and in the back seat of my car.

I manage to store all my gear and fermenters in pretty tight space.

Velcro is my storage trick. This is my "brew closet" in the main room, the coats are waay over on the right, and bottle boxes are stacked below.

brewcloset2.jpg

brewcloset1.jpg

Ha ha. I like the file cabinates.I thought about using our 2 drawer one for primary in the basement,but would have to cut the top drawers bottem out,for now i put it in a box,works for me.I also have a dedicated cupboard for all my brewstuff,my big closet with all my conditioning beer wich im running out of room but the basement is good for that after a few months conditioned.

Back