How do you remove this label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sicabeer

Reaction score
I picked a few boxes of these up at my local home brew shop.

2010-04-16%2015.19.43.jpg

Does anyone know how to get this kind of painted on label off?

Acid Bath and a Green Scrubbie = pain in the A$$
Double strength StarSan for 12-24 hours and a green scrubie = Bigger pain in the A$$.

Sand Blaster = frosted blue bottles.

Yeah midwest had these things on super clearance a few months ago too. But I didn't want to try to get the paint off - it is paint isn't it?

You got me for how to get it off...razorblades?

If it's similar to the label Stone Brewing puts on their "Arrogant Bastard" bottles, I would give up. Not worth the effort. Make the move to kegging. It's a heck of a lot easier. Trust me.

I soaked mine in a concentrated starsan solution. Let it dry overnight and the paint will flake right off but you will still have a shadow. If you scrub it, it will ALL come off, otherwise it will just come off where you apply pressure.

Well, they were cheep so I'll just live with the labels. I'm sure all the Syracuse fans wont mind at all.

Several years ago there were some articles about the color of beer bottles and how they protect against beers becoming lightstruck and skunking.

The worse one was clear, naturally, next was blue, then green and finally brown offered the best protection.

Armed with this info you may want to reconsider using them or at least keep them out of the light. :mug:

Several years ago there were some articles about the color of beer bottles and how they protect against beers becoming lightstruck and skunking.

The worse one was clear, naturally, next was blue, then green and finally brown offered the best protection.

Armed with this info you may want to reconsider using them or at least keep them out of the light. :mug:

I saw something about that too, I only use mine for ciders

Back