How do you know you've had too much homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porcupine73

Reaction score
It's a fine line isn't it...

He's noticed so far ...

He was going upstairs to watch TV, and for some reason brought his car keys with him.

He was trying to get his speakers working with his stupid smartphone, and licked the connector and got this intense feeling on his tongue.

He was trying to remember the url for youtube.com, and first entered youbrew.com and then youtalk.com, and finally remembered it was youtalk.com

Hahaha all good indicators.

He's finally found the video he was looking for on youtalk.com

Bill Withers singing Use Me - dang that is an awesome song and performance, I keep playing it over and over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha all good indicators.

He's finally found the video he was looking for on youtalk.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbN8jqDhHO8

Bill Withers singing Use Me - dang that is an awesome song and performance, I keep playing it over and over.

Bill Withers is the best. Ever.

To answer the question, if songs on Pandora bring a tear to my eye, I call it a night. A sad, sad, too much homebrew night.

To answer the question, if songs on Pandora bring a tear to my eye, I call it a night. A sad, sad, too much homebrew night.

Well, I listen to alot of Tom Waits. It's wallowing music, so I have a tear in my eye when sober.

Drinking makes me think, "Well, it could be worse- I could be this guy!" and so the tears stop when drinking and listening to Pandora.

But........I remember an incident a few years ago when sitting out by the fire, and having Pandora playing. I apparently thought that every single artist and every single song that played was THE BEST EVER.

As in, "Van Morrison! OMG, it's the best songwriter ever!" Next song, "John Mellencamp! OMG, he's the best singer EVAH!" Next song, "Bruce Springsteen! OMG, he's the best singer/songwriter EVER!".

Bob's response: "Go to bed honey. You hate Mellencamp". :D

But........I remember an incident a few years ago when sitting out by the fire, and having Pandora playing. I apparently thought that every single artist and every single song that played was THE BEST EVER.

As in, "Van Morrison! OMG, it's the best songwriter ever!" Next song, "John Mellencamp! OMG, he's the best singer EVAH!" Next song, "Bruce Springsteen! OMG, he's the best singer/songwriter EVER!".

Bob's response: "Go to bed honey. You hate Mellencamp". :D

That is some wisdom right there, he is seeing that happening to himself right now.

Yooper said:
Well, I listen to alot of Tom Waits. It's wallowing music, so I have a tear in my eye when sober.

What homebrewer, nay, what drinker doesn't listen to Tom waits? If not, you should...

I told Bob about this thread and he told me that I "have" to put his favorite for when he has a few, Warren Haynes.

He says this one is deep, and his favorite for when he's had a couple:

I agree, that John Lennon nailed it with this song. Warren Haynes is one of our favorites around here.

I told Bob about this thread and he told me that I "have" to put his favorite for when he has a few, Warren Haynes.

He says this one is deep, and his favorite for when he's had a couple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCiPPq2eZ4E&feature=related

I agree, that John Lennon nailed it with this song. Warren Haynes is one of our favorites around here.

Yep. Totally felt like I was sitting in a beer garden on a cloudy day enjoying that song.

Very nice. Gov't Mule has nailed many songs. This is one of his favorites ...

Though it pales in comparison in his opinion to the genuine though this vid is lacking in the vid part ...

He has found another Bill Withers video, not quite as good as the first, but just look at this completely gone, never to be duplicated era/genre....

Since it is a drunken rambling he had to paste the lyrics for Simple Man ...

Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say.
And if you do this
It'll help you some sunny day. Oh Yah!
Oh, take your time... Don't live too fast,
Troubles will come and they will pass.
You'll find a woman, yea yea, you'll find love,
And don't forget son,
There is someone up above.

(Chorus)
And be a simple, kind of man.
Oh be something, you love and understand.
Baby be a simple, kind of man.
Oh, won't you do this for me son,
If you can?

Forget your lust, for the rich man's gold
All that you need, is in your soul,
And you can do this, oh baby, if you try.
All that I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.

(Chorus)

Boy, don't you worry... you'll find yourself.
Follow your heart, lord, and nothing else.
And you can do this, oh baby, if you try.
All that I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.

(Chorus)

Baby be a simple, be a simple man.
Oh be something, you love and understand.
Baby be a simple, kind of man.

Oh wow absolute classic, the video is blurry but the sound is amazing.

Ah yes. Be a simple. Kind of man.[/url]

This was a favorite of mine when my friends and I used to play drunken rock band. Used to belt it out.

P.S. How did this turn into a music thread?

Haha well is there anything quite like listening and jamming out to your all time favorite tunes while having lots of homebrew. I don't know if it's #1 but it has to be up there. Especially with nice classic music that has lyrics you can hear and that have meaning to you.

Strange there is no video of Gov't Mule performing Free Bird on youtube, though I know I have that MP3 which is quite nice.

Ok let me look, I'm sure I got it from Amazon years back, I distinctly remember it begins with Gov't Mule asking a crowd 'what song is it you want to hear?' in that awesome slight southern drawl.

eta: Still looking for it, I know I had it, it might have been back in the days of those weird Windows Media Player licensing things. I hope I didn't lose it, because I don't see it for sale anymore.

I also distinctly remember at the beginning them saying 'play it purty fur Atlanta' which makes me think it was probably a live recording from some concert ....

Hm interesting, thinking about it, I've never gotten sick on homebrew. On commercial liquors oh yes absolutely. My stomach seems to feel fine on the homebrews. Maybe it has a built in self limiting factor, like getting to the point of not being able to manage to pour and drink another glass.

OOOOOH, email that to me, please? I can't find it!

Ok this is my bad on this song, for whatever reason I thought it was gov't mule on this song, but is actually Skynyrd themselves, it says Free Bird live at Fox Theater. Which I googled is in Atlanta, so that would explain them saying 'play it perty fur Atlanta'. Dang good performance nonetheless.

It just occured to me I must be the only one reading this thread who has never heard of any of these artists except Lynrd Skynard (or however it is spelled) and the Dead. It really sucks sometimes having grown up as a preachers son not allowed to listen to rock.

There's so many amazing sounds in the classic rock especially 'southern rock' from that era such as and CSN, Grand Funk Railroad, CCR, Allman Brothers, and many more.

porcupine73 said:
There's so many amazing sounds in the classic rock especially 'southern rock' from that era such as Neil Young and CSN and CSNY, Grand Funk Railroad, CCR, Allman Brothers, and many more.

Neil Young, southern rock? Not sure about that one. I'm pretty sure he was a gigantic ****** about southern men in the early 70's. oh well

Back