How do you keep your IC clean?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloSabresBrewer

Reaction score
After I bend my copper for my chiller it was pretty dirty. So I just ploped it into my 2 gallon pot with some starsan and it was shiney as hell for when it hit the brew pot. Worked great but as soon as I was finished with it I rinsed it off and put it in the mash tun for storeage. A few hours later it was all tarnished again!:mad: Now I have pretty hard water here so that may have something to do with this. Any suggestions on how to keep it clean so I dont have to clean it so much before every use?

I'm in the same boat as you. I did the starsan bath but there are still some dark spots that I'd have to scrub to get off.

I hear soaking it in a solution of half water, half white vinegar helps. Might be worth a shot.

Never bothered. Just rinsed it with a hose after use and hung to dry. On brew day I plopped it in the boiling wort about 5 minutes before flame out.
Same here, I cleaned it when I got it but after that all I do is wipe it clean and rinse.

Back