How do I store crushed grains?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnitzengiggle

Reaction score
Would it be better to store crushed grains in the fridge, or in an unrefridgerated cool dry place?

They will be used within a months time, I was curious as to whether or not refrigerating them would be bad.

Most I've let crushed grains go is less than a week...and in the fridge in a ziplock bag. Not sure about a month...hopefully someone with more experience will show up soon.....

Thanks, I have stored them for a day or two in a ziploc freezer bag in the fridge, but if I NEEDED to store for longer, I was wondering what the best solution would be. I probably wont go more than two weeks storing them, but life happens sometimes, thanks for the input.

Should I store the specialty grains I get from my kits in the fridge? They are precrushed and I'm not looking to use them for a month or 2

I just used crushed grain today that has been stored for over 3 weeks. I double bagged it in zip locks and then put them in an old cooler in my basement that is about 50-60 degrees. They were as fresh today as the day I got them.

Back