How Did You Learn To Brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Joy of Homebrewing and a honey porter kit from the homebrew store was the launching pad roughly 10 years ago. However a recent lay-off has me thinking it's time ti take things to the next level and launch a small country brewery. Any info from board members would be/has been great.:mug:

A buddy and i drove past a home brew shop and thought we would give it a try. looking back i have no idea how we didnt get infections in our first brews my buddy kept pouring table sugar into the carboy.

I met that guy on a random trip to SF. Brewcraft is his store. No offense to your brewing style, but Griz gives some odd advice from his special chair.

Yes, yes he does. He also scares off a number of shrinking violets, if you enjoy a little abuse or bizarre humor though he's great.

SWMBO and I had some of my buddy's homebrew (loved it). SWMBO got the recipe from him and bought the ingrediants, starter kit with "How To Brew", and 2 keg system for me on Christmas 2007. Between John Palmer and HBT, I have gone to an AG single tier system! By far, HBT has been the best source for learning though.

got started by getting mr. beer kit as a christmas gift several years ago. as far as the "learning how" part, i just followed the recipes and read a couple books. also picked up some tips from here, too. so i'm basicly "self-taught".

Back