How did this happen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alchemy

Reaction score
So about a month ago i was making a lemon mead with a friend and a cherry apple wine for myself and as we are getting ingredients SWMBO decides she wants to make one too and her "mead baby" is born

419570_327952937243475_317497851622317_854107_630317960_n.jpg

Today we racked it to secondary and i took a bit off to sample with her and as soon as i drank it

unicorn-puzzle-703227.jpg

White grape...peach...mango mead...better than anything i have ever made and only a month old.

Trying to talk her into entering it into the Mazer comp, how awesome would it be to even place with your first ever fermentation that is only a month old.

dummkauf said:
Don't suppose the SWMBO would be willing to share the recipe? That sounds like a very interesting combination :)

Joes grape but with welches white grape peach mango (96 oz i think and balance with water) and 2.5 lbs of honey...ec 1118 yeast and 1 tsp nutrient and energizer.

I am going to recreate this with a. 5 gallon batch and then this summer make a real fruit one with the same fruits and maybe a different yeast

OpenContainer said:
pwned by the SWMBO.......it happens. Now get another batch started and spread the love.

Already on it. Soon as I tasted it I knew I needed to make more. Ingredients are in the brew room

Just use any other yeast side from champagne and the same recipe and show her what's up.

Back