How close is your "local" home brew shop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As in Las Cruces? I shopped there a time or two while stationed at ft bliss. In fact that's where I bought all my original equipment at and got this obsession started. Now I'm back at sweet home Alabama and my local is 30 mins from home or 30 seconds from my second job.

Yes, Las Cruces. I visit B'ham about twice a year visiting family. Use to live there many years ago. I do miss sweet home Ala.

There are two in Madison, both equidistant from my house, at about 17 miles. One is in a neighborhood where parking is impossible, and the other is in a neighborhood where driving is made inconvenient by locals who see the car as an affront to the planet. Problem is, all of the really cool spots in Madison are within those two neighborhoods.

Hi, I am brewing so hello all!

I made my first batch today and got 2 gallons of juice from apple bought from the green grocers. I didn't press the apples as I don't have the space to do that so I juiced them. I juiced them directly into my 5 gallon brewing bucket. Once finished I stirred my 1pound of Sugar in and left for 10 minutes. I then added my cider yeast made by youngs and left for 15 minutes before stirring in. The only thing I think I could have done better was use a siv between the juicer and bucket as I have a very foamy juice at the moment. I put my lid and airlock in place and have left it at the moment I only done my batch today. Will it be ok for it to be this foamy until I put it into my demijohns, I was looking to demijohn it in around 4 days and when demijohning using a siv then? Any help would be much appreciated

Hi, I am brewing so hello all!

I made my first batch today and got 2 gallons of juice from apple bought from the green grocers. I didn't press the apples as I don't have the space to do that so I juiced them. I juiced them directly into my 5 gallon brewing bucket. Once finished I stirred my 1pound of Sugar in and left for 10 minutes. I then added my cider yeast made by youngs and left for 15 minutes before stirring in. The only thing I think I could have done better was use a siv between the juicer and bucket as I have a very foamy juice at the moment. I put my lid and airlock in place and have left it at the moment I only done my batch today. Will it be ok for it to be this foamy until I put it into my demijohns, I was looking to demijohn it in around 4 days and when demijohning using a siv then? Any help would be much appreciated

While this is a great question, I would recommend you start a new thread with it. You'll get better answers.

This thread makes me feel incredibly lucky. I've got RiteBrew's warehouse about 10 minutes from home, and until this year had a small shop two blocks from home. They moved this summer but its still only about 2 miles.

More Beer's Los Altos showroom is my preferred one. It's about 25 miles away, but with Palo Alto traffic, it can easily be a 40 minute drive. There's Hoptech about 20 miles away.

More Beer's original Concord showroom is almost an hour drive away, but it's on the way to visit my parents, so I sometimes stop there on my way back from visiting.

Half hour for me as well and I order 90% of my gear online (predominantly Northern Brewer). Brew shop for all recipe needs.

/Will always still be figuring it out/

Mine is about a 10 minute drive from my home. The employees are always super helpful. If you are ever in San Diego hit up The Homebrewer Resource Center.

Back