How clean can I get WB-06

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will_rouse

Reaction score
I'm making a honey wheat for a friend and he likes a crisp/clean tasting wheat. I picked up a packet of WB-06 per advice of the guy there saying it was pretty clean.

The more I research this strain I'm seeing it's pretty banana/clove forward.

How low of a temp can I go with this yeast and if I I low can I get a nice clean flavor profile?

If that was the goal, why not use something like 04 or 05, notty, etc? Just because you're making wheat beer doesn't mean you have to use wheat yeast. Make your own style... I just did a wheat and hit it with a bunch of NB and cascade.

If that was the goal, why not use something like 04 or 05, notty, etc? Just because you're making wheat beer doesn't mean you have to use wheat yeast. Make your own style... I just did a wheat and hit it with a bunch of NB and cascade.

Well the LHBS store isn't so local it's 2 hours away and I was hoping to brew this weekend. I might have a pale ale with 05 slurry that I could rack to a secondary and I could use that

I over pitched on my last honey wheat and it has turned out as a fruit bomb.

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Home Brew mobile app

Use it, ferment it low 60's and enjoy! It's a great dry yeast for a mild hefeweizen, I bet both of you will enjoy the final result.

Back