How can Miller claim its beers to be triple hopped?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giorgio-alemani

Reaction score
I was at a party and as I was offered a beer (which I declined) I held a Miller Lite in my hand long enough to read the claim that it has been triple hopped. How is that possible given that the beer tastes nothing of hops or even barley for that matter.

I was at a party and as I was offered a beer (which I declined) I held a Miller Lite in my hand long enough to read the claim that it has been triple hopped. How is that possible given that the beer tastes nothing of hops or even barley for that matter.

Add 0.5 oz to 500 gallons at 30 minutes, Add 0.5 oz to 500 gallons at 30 minutes, Add 0.5 oz to 500 gallons at 30 minutes..triple hop brewed ;)

They are claiming 3 hop editions, not that it's a hop bomb.

It's like if you go home, open a can of soup, and heat it up. The soup qualifies as "home made". "Home made" does not mean "from scratch."

With that said, in the fizzy yellow beer wars, Miller seems to me to have more hop flavor than Coors and Budweizer.

VinylRooster and Beernik make a lot of sense. I don't know why it bothers me so much. They're not technically lying but it's definitely a marketing ploy.

Here lately their marketing ploy has been to focus on the packaging vs the beer. Cans or bottles that turn blue when cold, cans with vents to make it a smooth pour, etc...

Were selling slightly hopped urine, but the can turns blue when it's cold, and it has not one, but two vents so you can drink faster. Its like socially acceptable beer shotgunning!

I sell beer and wine retail. I LOVE the advertising by Coors Light. "The World's Most Refreshing Can".

Duh! Who the hell eats/drinks the can????

Hopped in the kettle, hopped in aging, hopped in filtering....for what it is, it is a great Lite beer.

Tripple hops brewed is just another marketing ploy used to lure the un-educated joe six pack in to buying it. It's right up there with some of my favorites such as; "Cold Filtered" and "Fire Brewed".

I do enjoy a Miller Lite from time to time, but the use of the word Hops as one of its descriptors is comical.

Back