How can I make a poor man's bazooka tube or something?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerbeque

Reaction score
I hate cleaning hop bags that I used in the boil. I have an 8 gal brewpot with a welded spigot and ball valve. the inside of the spigot is threaded also. I'm trying to think of some way to filter out hop matter and hopefully some of the cold break material too but I don't want to buy an expensive bazooka tube setup. Any ideas?

Um... maybe you could use a stainless steel braided hose, but I think cold break might clog that up. Hopefully someone with experience will chime in.

You could make it out of copper if you wanted to. It would cost a bit but could be done. 2" Copper tube about 4 " Long with one cap soldered in place and another just loosely placed on top. Then drill a **** ton of teeny little holes all over the place and for $50 you get a mini bazooka tube.

You could attach it to the spigot with some small alterations.

Try a copper potscrubber from the grocery store.
They also have stainless at the restaurant store.
I use one to keep leaf hops out of my IC.
They're a buck or two each.

Poor / lazy men don't bother...they let gravity take care in the kettle, and then in the fermenter. Does some trub and hop debris make a difference to the end product?

Latest posts

Back