How Can I get rid of that smell ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutilated1

Beer Drenched Executioner
Reaction score
Can of gasoline spilled in the trunk of my car and I think the gasoline reacted with the carpet or the foam padding under the carpet or something - anyway now there is an obnoxious gasoline/chemical warfare smell coming from the trunk.

I've tried leaving the trunk open at night hoping it would air out but that has not worked.

Know of anything that will get rid of the stench ?

I'm about an inch from tearing the carpet out of the trunk and throwing it away or just setting the goddamned thing on fire.

It should eventually offgas to the point of no odor. You can speed it up by superheating it... IOW, let the trunk open in full sunlight on a hot day. I doubt Febreeze would do much on gasoline odor.

Can of gasoline spilled in the trunk of my car and I think the gasoline reacted with the carpet or the foam padding under the carpet or something - anyway now there is an obnoxious gasoline/chemical warfare smell coming from the trunk.

I've tried leaving the trunk open at night hoping it would air out but that has not worked.

Know of anything that will get rid of the stench ?

I'm about an inch from tearing the carpet out of the trunk and throwing it away or just setting the goddamned thing on fire.

A lit match will work (make sure the insurance is paid up)!
I think you may have to tear out the carpet and pad, every time it gets hot in the trunk it will off gas and the smell will return.

I'm thinking get a SHAM-WOW and put it in the trunk and it will soak up so much gas out of the carpet that you'll never have to buy gas again.....and then go beat up a hooker, because that what you do after too much SHAM-WOW....beat up hookers

Cut the carpet out and recover with astroturf. Then you have a "custom upholstery" job on your car.

*BLING* *BLING*

then the cops will think the hooker was killed in a stadium somewhere and never suspect she was carried around in a trunk to get rid of a gasoline smell.

I left the trunk open and windows down last night and it was almost gone this morning when I went to work. Cars sitting out on the top of the parking deck with the windows open now - hopefully it will be gone this afternoon.

I left the trunk open and windows down last night and it was almost gone this morning when I went to work. Cars sitting out on the top of the parking deck with the windows open now - hopefully it will be gone this afternoon.

the car or the smell? Bada bum seeee!

Back