How are these fittings supposed to go together?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snarf7

Reaction score
I purchased these OneBom conversion fittings for converting a sankey coupler to accept ball lock connectors for easy connect/disconnect. One of them seems to work as expected but the other leaks around the coupler connection itself and I'm wondering why since I've tried different taps and i'm still having the problem. Here's the kit:

https://www.amazon.com/OneBom-Conversion-Sankey-Coupler-Adapter/dp/B07L3SX4R1

And here's what the connection looks like. As you can see there is a washer inside of the ball lock adapter but when you look at the coupler, there's just the check valve it's pressing up against, it seems like there should be a little plate piece for it to press against...like this but nothing like that was in the kit. What do you guys think, am I missing a piece here? I feel like the one that works is a fluke.

PQDhNWL.jpg

t5d6Uj9.jpg

That plate is used for G and U couplers, if you're using a D coupler, there is no plate (see pic)

https://www.beveragefactory.com/images/hex_D012012100023070715114919.jpg

I can't say for sure why you have a leak but it would appear to me that you got everything you should have with the adapters.

I didn't mean that I needed THAT specific part, I was just using it as reference. What I was driving at was do they make a part like this with a short stem that fits inside the check valve with a flat side on the reverse that the washer would press against? It seems odd that it mashes the checkvalve to the washer? Is it possible I overtightened it?

I would try removing the washer in the ball lock connector. The silicone backflow should be enough.

That seemed to do the trick, thanks!

I wonder why they would include washers that are not intended to be used? Are different couplers so much different that some might require this?

I wonder why they would include washers that are not intended to be used? Are different couplers so much different that some might require this?

I cannot answer this except to speculate that they may expect the backflow valve to be removed, or missing from older versions.

My guess was that the dissimilar materials were binding and the softer silicone was being forced to roll by the firmer o-ring.

Not all couplers have the same type of one way valves in them and require a washer.

Back