How angry would you be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwndabear

Reaction score
A buddy came over to help bottle my pumpkin seed porter I made a few weeks ago. He just wanted to get an idea how the process worked.

So we bottled along and for his prize, I have him a 6er of them (total, i got 50 bottle, less the 6 i gave him).

Told him to store them away for a few weeks and I'd let him know when they were ready.

Apparently "store away" to him means "set on counter." They weren't labeled at all...

They were ready to drink this past weekend. Lo and behold, I get a text from him just as I was going to tell him to throw one of those badboys into the fridge for a couple days: "my girlfriend took them out with the recycling because she didnt know there was beer in them."

Now, I know I gave those beers to him to do whatever he wanted with them, however, she recycled MY BABIES. I told him the only way he could have another one is if he gets it from me himself. Otherwise, no go as he already got 6 of them.

Bah.

</rant>

1. You weren't specific as to "How to store them"

2. His girlfriend needs to be taught about what a cap on a bottle is for.

3. Entirely up to you whether you give him more or not but another 6 out 47 is going to hurt, much.

"my girlfriend took them out with the recycling because she didnt know there was beer in them."

</rant>

Id be a little concerned about that one.... how do you throw away capped bottles?

edit: the more I think about this, the more ridiculous it sounds. I cant imagine someone could really be that naive. Has she ever picked up a six pack before? --theres a pretty significant difference between full and empty... dunno, maybe Im just hyper-observant.

She didn't think to ask "Why in the world are there unlabled capped beer bottles with something in them sitting on the counter and should I recycle them or are you keeping them for a reason?" I wonder what else she would throw away? You mean to say she uncapped them, dumped them out, all 6 and not once did she ask herself "Should I wait and ask him about this?"

Yeah, I would be a bit angry she did not wait and ask me about them first.

She doesn't know the difference in weight between a full bottle and an empty bottle? And totally agree with Gila, why would she throw it out when they had caps on them? Totally weird situation...

Hey,at least he didnt drink them as soon as he got home. Then called you to say "Those beers were flat"

You should give a sixer for having to deal with a girl who will throw his beer out.

I would call him every time I cracked one just to tell him how freaking good it is.

Then point and laugh.

or, look at it this way. now you know never to get into a car with them when she is driving.. thats worth a sixer id say.

just cant leave this one alone... lol.

id say, if his GF is the type that throws away full bottles of beer thinking they were empty, he has bigger problems then missing beer.
i wouldnt give him anymore of his own, but maybe let him share some of yours, under strict non-disposal supervision.

She's a nice girl and all but you just dont go disrespecting the beer like that.

They were ready to drink this past weekend. Lo and behold, I get a text from him just as I was going to tell him to throw one of those badboys into the fridge for a couple days: "my girlfriend took them out with the recycling because she didnt know there was beer in them."

Or they drank them all and really wanted more... :tank:

2. His girlfriend needs to be taught about what a cap on a bottle is for.

When I drink beers from twistoffs (not that his beers were twistoffs), I tend to twist the cap back on (by hand) when I'm done.

Have your buddy yell at his girlfriend, then give him more beer. Beer is cheap, friends aren't.

She either did it on purpose for whatever reason (I'm not buying that anyone is stupid enough to mistake full bottles for empty ones), or he's trying not to admit he drank them all prematurely and he wants more.

I'd think your buddy has more of a reason to be mad at his girlfriend than you have to be mad at him.

I'd give him more, however, just to be obnoxious, I'd probably label them really big "DO NOT THROW OUT OR RECYCLE!!!"

you all assume that she is telling the truth... all men answering thus far? i say she took them to her house and has been enjoying since! SMART GIRL

I would call him every time I cracked one just to tell him how freaking good it is.

Then point and laugh.

THE SOLUTION!

Plus, after a few of the calls, invite the two of them over for a tasting so she knows what kind of primo stuff she tossed.

I wouldn't be all that angry. A dumb mistake, but a mistake. Like someone said earlier, friends are more important than homebrew.

that'll be a great story for later, you should make a special label.
give him another 6er - but only when it's ready to go right in the fridge.

when he helps you bottle he gets a 6 of the LAST batch he bottled.
(heck, teach em both to wait a bit - HA)

Maybe he is drunk and she didn't want to encourage his bad behaviour?? So she threw out his bottles? Or they fought and she threw them out and now he doesn't want to make her look bad (dumb, but not bad)...

I can't see how ANYONE could recycle a 6er of FULL BOTTLES!

I dunno, I dated a girl for a while that was this dumb. My friends and I would make up words and inject them into conversations around her. Then we would take bets on how long before she used the made up words in conversations with other people. It was hilarious to look at the confusion on their faces. It did not last long, I couldn't take the embarrassment of being in public with her. Then again my wife is much smarter/wittier than me, which is a whole other set of problems.

Invite them both over and think of some "dumb tests" to try on her. It may turn out to be amusing. Give your friend another 6 pack and throw a couple extras in for having to deal with her being an idiot. He could use them.

I see you are from Rochester.....make him drink a six pack of Genny Cream Ale as punishment.....On the other hand, if you gave him that 6 pack in a Genny carrier I can understand why she tossed it.

Back