how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better than the Manual was the
VW.jpg

for my 1st car, a '72 VW Squareback. Still use it for my '71 VW bus!

Not sure what the apropos meme would even be for my generation.
B&W Gilligan's Island?
Gunsmoke?

Prolly not leave it to beaver, maybe not brady bunch...no..for your specific generation I think it is movie Tron & maybe Speed racer when you were a kid. [;

View attachment 850690

View attachment 850690
Not the biggest fan of those air cooled pancake engines, but at least the guys I know that still have them can set points, and are usually pretty good mechanics,.. of course they have to be. {;

Not the biggest fan of those air cooled pancake engines, but at least the guys I know that still have them can set points, and are usually pretty good mechanics,.. of course they have to be. {;
Most piston aircraft engines are "air cooled pancake"s, and have been for decades. If treated right they are very reliable.

Brew on :mug:

Most piston aircraft engines are "air cooled pancake"s, and have been for decades. If treated right they are very reliable.

I don't think anyone is going to mistake a rattley old vw engine for a Lycoming, though I did once see a made for kids movie where some old man put one in his plane. Not that the vw motors aren't reliable when treated right also. They are both rather loud and stinky, come to think of it.

I mean, you can't accuse the guy of not following the blueprint...

Malicious compliance

Someone who either has too much time on their hands or really wanted to teach someone a lesson!
Years ago when I was in grad school, one of the in-house machinists told me about a rather arrogant grad student who wanted a stainless steel box fabricated for some experiment. The grad student drew it up using just outside dimensions, but failed to show that it was supposed to be hollow, or a wall thickness. When questioned about it, the grad student just said "follow the drawing." So, the machine shop built him a big chunk of (expensive) solid stainless steel. And no, it was not my design.

Years ago when I was in grad school, one of the in-house machinists told me about a rather arrogant grad student who wanted a stainless steel box fabricated for some experiment. The grad student drew it up using just outside dimensions, but failed to show that it was supposed to be hollow, or a wall thickness. When questioned about it, the grad student just said "follow the drawing." So, the machine shop built him a big chunk of (expensive) solid stainless steel. And no, it was not my design.

One of the first classes we had to take in grad school for Physics was working in the machine shop because we would likely be having to fabricate, or request fabrication, of experimental apparatus. It was immensely enjoyable.

Back