Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Kent88

Sometimes I have to remind myself
Staff member
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
i know to play it straight with you! i'm scared they'll drop TNG and DS9 too! then i'll save $20 a month, but have to shell out like $300 to buy the DVDs and rip them to my hard drive...
Looks like I am going to have to cave and get Paramount+ . It was only a matter of time, anyway, I'm not going to miss season 2 of Picard.

Kent88

Staff member
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't been able to watch star trek for longer than 5 minutes since that movie in the 80's with the whales. That steaming pile was the last straw.
I don't know what movie that would be.

It's ok, we can have different opinions. For instance, I think Potter was better than Blake, and it wasn't even close.

Reaction score
I don't know what movie that would be.

It's ok, we can have different opinions. For instance, I think Potter was better than Blake, and it wasn't even close.
I think maybe Leonard Nimoy was in it, Next Generation IIRC. I dunno, just way too far-fetched for my taste. To be fair, recent "Star Wars" stuff is equally disenchanting.

Kent88

Staff member
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Star Trek IV
Ah

For some odd reason I've never watched any TOS movie, and I haven't watched many episodes from that series either.

I've watched First Contact a couple of times. Many years ago I saw a chunk of Generations and missed a couple chances to watch Nemesis, but saw enough to spoil the ending.

Twinkeelfool

Reaction score
Foster's was my first legal beer on my 21st birthday. One of those oversized cans, at a place downtown called "Dick's Last Resort." It was a first rate lilacflowers. Not the beer, the bar.

On the way home I vomited out the passenger window during a left hand turn onto a major street, spraying the car in the other turning lane to my right. I can still see it in slow motion, the look of surprise turning to disgust on the faces of that old married couple. It was a warm October evening, they had their windows cracked a bit and I believe they got a taste.

The force of the wind blowing into my open window at 35 was enough to atomize the spew, painting my friends in the back seat and also did a fairly even job of coating the headliner of my brother's Blazer.

The next morning I woke up in the tub, fully clothed but soaking wet from being hosed down by my friends. Cleaning the car out with a terrible hangover was a godawful task. His truck never really smelled right after that; no matter how many air fresheners he bought, on a hot day it would come back. Good times.

Foster's, Australian for FLUUURGHHH!
Seems like an appropriate Fosters experience haha!