House-Shed-Garage+Spare Bedroom+Murphy Bed=Brewery!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya! It's a 4' commercial fridge I picked up off of Craigslist for $10! One of the best finds I have come accross. Have a temp controller on it to monitor temps. Really coming together:)

Looks amazing, oh by the way.....it doesn't look like there is much room for a bed in there any more

i don't know if it was ever mentioned, but what do you do for ventilation?

ya, the bed isn't really possible unless I remove the brewstand. More of a storage and chalkboard these days.

It ventilates okay with the small fan and ceiling fan.

Another addition to the brewery today. Picked it up today for $60.00

Sour Ales here I come!

Buffalo Trace barrel from 2005. Not used for anything other than whiskey and been stoppered the whole time.

barrel.jpg

Wow. I'm sure you've heard it before but your setup is awesome! And your keezer is gorgeous! (I like the plants, they are a nice touch :) )

Thanks for the kind words... Happy with everything so far, but it is always a work in progress. Torn with the barrel between leaving it there, selling it, or moving it outside to the walk in.

Very little changes lately. I just received a large order from brewmasters warehouse. They are still the best prices online and at least 33% cheaper than any lhbs near me. Be careful, however, they can take a while to ship. The latest took three weeks and 4 phonecalls and I actually didn't receive the whole order. Some of the items were cancelled. It was a $300 order thought.

I ordered to make 6 gallons of each a tripel and ipa, and also, 12 gallons each of kolsch, wheat, tank 7, and a saison.

The changes to my brewery are the addition of a convoluted counterflow chiller and the moving of the pumps to the front of the stand(easier to work on and clean).

Getting some starters going tomorrow and brewing in 7 days (3 batches) and then again in 14 days (3 batches.

btw. the barrel ended up as a couple of adirondack chairs....

b3.JPG

b2.JPG

b1.JPG

b4.JPG

b5.JPG

b6.JPG

Nice work on everything benbradford. That chair is particularly awesome and I love the slats on the keggles. Looks like a great place to hang out and brew.

Also - do I see some "Wheel of Time" in hardcover on the bookshelves? That's good stuff.

Cheers and enjoy the brew.

Back