hot water hose question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As in the HOT water line to your washer?

Hot water in a garden hose will leach some bad stuff indeed.

what is a hot water hose? is that just a regular hose with hot water?

They make heavy duty hoses that have higher operating temperatures than your typical garden hose. I just can't find one that states 'safe for potable water'.

I have a utility sink that I had set in the brew room in the place I used to live. Unfortunately, in the new place, there isn't a spare room. So, I'm relegated to the garage.

Our laundry room is right off of the garage and has a small 'pass through' between them. My idea is to run spigot splitters off of the hot / cold washer supply into the garage. My first thought was to use hoses. The problems I am running into are, (A. I can't find any potable hot water hoses and B.) I really wouldn't feel safe leaving them 'always on' as a permanent solution to supplying water to utility sink.

I already have a pex crimper and a bunch of crimps. I may as well put them to good use...

what is a hot water hose? is that just a regular hose with hot water?

They make heavy duty hoses that have higher operating temperatures than your typical garden hose. I just can't find one that states 'safe for potable water'.

I have a utility sink that I had set in the brew room in the place I used to live. Unfortunately, in the new place, there isn't a spare room. So, I'm relegated to the garage.

Our laundry room is right off of the garage and has a small 'pass through' between them. My idea is to run spigot splitters off of the hot / cold washer supply into the garage. My first thought was to use hoses. The problems I am running into are, (A. I can't find any potable hot water hoses and B.) I really wouldn't feel safe leaving them 'always on' as a permanent solution to supplying water to utility sink.

I already have a pex crimper and a bunch of crimps. I may as well put them to good use...

RV dealerships sell Food safe hoses that are rated for hot water.

Regular garden hoses would leach a BUNCH of lead. They leach lead under regular cold water, but hot water would be awful.

I boil my hlt water outside and thought about using a hose and valve to transfer to hlt. Safer ya know?

ah are you talking about boiling outside, then transferring the boiled (still hot) water through the wall to another room.. that would be pretty a pretty neat concept if it is laid out in an easy to use fashion, like not having to run quickly from one part to the next

Look on Mcmaster Carr. They have a ton of tubing that is and usually options for selecting the temperature range it will be used in and also if it is FDA rated, or safe for human consumption. As stated above, silicon would work.

Silicone would be gteat. Keeping low buget. Had some extra pex for house water. Temp goes to 200 ans it would be gravity to basementwith valve on either end. Prob wrapped in extra insulation.

Get some silicone tubing.
Some drawbacks to silicone tubing:

1. Very expensive
2. Very low pressure, around 5psi max according to specs I've been looking at

I definitely wouldn't use it in the situation described by the OP, where (if I understand correctly) the tubing would be pressurized.

Back