Hoses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LazyCat

Reaction score
Just wondering...can a clear braided gas supply hose be used for a beer dispensing hose? I using a 10' one now for my beer side and I'm getting excess foam and I was wondering if it was because it was a gas line hose...

Not sure if you can use a braided line as beverage hose but I do know that it's usually recommended to use clear hose so you can see any bubbles that may indicate problems with your setup.

Just a thought.

It's a braided hose but it's still mostly clear. I had a 5' beer hose on a picnic tap and replaced it with this 10' breaded hose on a perlick and now I'm getting too much foam at 12psi. Just wondering if I can blame the braided hose.

The beer just seems to come out too fast so your probably right. I will replace it with a 3/16". Would I go back to 5' or maybe start at 10' and if need be work my way down...

Not sure if you can use a braided line as beverage hose but I do know that it's usually recommended to use clear hose so you can see any bubbles that may indicate problems with your setup.

Just a thought.

Interesting. I just bought beer lines from my LHBS and the only 3/16" lines they sold were black.

Bobby M you were right. I can't believe the difference. I went from my 1/4x10' to 3/16x5' and the difference was night and day. Even though the 3/16th is 5 ' shorter the pour when from way too fast with foam to perfect...thanks.....

Back