Hose to bottling bucket spigot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChshreCat

Reaction score
I have a simple problem that I'm sure has a simple answer, but before trying to re-invent the wheel, I thought I'd ask what other folks do.

The hose on my bottling wand is basically the same size as the spigot on my bottling bucket. So, it's really hard to get them connected. If I really put some force into it, I can get the hose onto the spigot, but it comes off really easily.

What do folks do in this situation? Get a short segment of larger hose that will fit over both pieces? Smaller hose inside? Get a different bottling wand that'll take a larger hose on that end?

Run it under hot water until it's pliable enough to jam on further or soak it in starsan until it's slippery enough to jam on further. Once it's on about 1/4 inch it stays on very well for me.

It depends on your spigot and your bottling cane, however I used some silicone tubing I had kicking around that was about the same inner diameter as the outer diameter of my spigot and racking cane. I heated up the tubing so it was pliable, and then jammed it on the spigot and the racking cane. It hasn't leaked yet! Also, for storage, I just turn the spigot upside down so the cane is pointing up. You should still take everything apart to sanitize your bucket, and that includes your silicone hose connections on the spigot to cane. Best part is that it's cheap as hell!

Latest posts

Back