Hose for wort chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeekysheep

Reaction score
i am making a wort chiller and i need a hose i don't have any extra and i don't wanna buy a huge one anyone have an idea where i could find a small hose to use.

if you are looking for a hose to build a CFC, you can get a cheap 25' or 50' garden hose at home depot, walmart, lowes, or just about anywhere.

If thats not what your asking, please clarify.

hose to use to connect my water source to my immersion chiller, also not sure what to use to connect to larger hose to my small copper tubing. i only need 8 feet max for the hose and i don't want lots of extra

you could probably go to HD or lowes and buy tubing by the foot. They also have the fittings there so you can buy whatever size connector you need to fit your chiller/faucet/garden hose/ whatever you are using.

I bought the cheapest 1/2" garden hose I could find $7 and change from ace hardware. Cut in the middle and hose clamped the cut ends right to the copper. The small diameter hose was a snug fit over the copper and I used two hose clamps on each connection.

I used a air compressor line/hose and have never had a problem i drop in the imer. cooler 15 minutes be for flame out and have never had any thing go bad.

I got around to getting a couple pictures up by way of an example.

IMG_3237.JPG

IMG_3236.JPG

If you don't want hoses that long you could just cut a few feet from the ends and throw away the middle section.

I bought a dishwasher hose at Home Depot. It has the perfect ID for 3/8 copper line and is only 6' long. Perfect for the sink.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back