Hopshot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McLovinBeast57

Reaction score
I'm new to brewing, so I'm just wondering how well this product works! It sounds like it is a must-have for strong bitterness.. Thinking about adding it into a stout kit to make a black IPA.

Let me know what you think!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

i've used it and it works pretty well. i bought 10-15 of them at one time and have been slowly using them up.

I agree. Pretty great for cheap bittering addition.

Are you supposed to use it at the beginning of the boil only, or can you use it for flavor/aroma as well?

I used several when I was between systems and brewing with basic gear. Worked great as did not have great way to filter from the boil kettle so these gave no hop solids to worry about. Pretty cheap per IBU as well.

Instructions say you can use for flavor/aroma but since I didn't know what kind of aroma that would leave I just use it for bittering.

Anyone use this for flavor yet? I bought a few to experiment with and I want to use one for a non beer, I was thinking of maybe using it to bitter a hard cider by boiling it in the sugar syrup I make to add to cider and bump the abv, our maybe making a hop soda and adding it for flavor. Either a lemon lime soda plus hotshot, or a ginger ale plus hotshot.

Back